Church At The Pub

Church Pub - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 15th Dec, 2008 - 2:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Sunday services at a local pub
Post Date: 14th May, 2008 - 12:46am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Church At The Pub

Praying at the Pub

Beers and the Bible may seem as opposite as fire and ice, but one Ohio reverend Begs to differ. The Rev. Chris Heckaman is shaking things up on the church scene by holding Sunday services at a local pub. The Country Rock Church offers a dose of music, mechanical bulls and beer, along with prayer and sermons. Some believe it's a great way to reach people who are otherwise not going to church. But others are not sure that Jesus and alcohol mix.
Ref. ABC Nightline

Sponsored Links:
14th May, 2008 - 10:14pm / Post ID: #

Pub The Church

I'm not really into this idea, even though I know that quite a few church meetings here are held above pubs, and then socials held downstairs in the pub following the end of the sermon.

I don't think that it's the way to go, and I'm sure would be a better way to go with this would be to maybe have a mid week social gathering that isn't actually a church service, but a group of friends meeting to socialize.

Sorry to say this, but if anybody feels they can't attend a church service for just being a church service without involving beer, then you're better off not having these people at the church...it's like they're holding other peoples beliefs to ransom in my opinion!

17th May, 2008 - 3:46am / Post ID: #

Church At The Pub Revealed Bible The

Considering public drunkenness is specified in the Bible as offensive to God, I would say this man is wrong in the actions. I see no issue in have church any where as it is the faith of the people that count. But sobriety and modesty count for a lot in Christianity.

My own pasture hangs out at bars 3 to 4 times a month to talk to people he can see are hurting. He does not drink alcohol while doing it.

Post Date: 17th May, 2008 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #

Church At The Pub
A Friend

Pub The Church

Going to a bar to reach out to people by a pastor or reverend father is one thing to have a church in the bar itself while drinks are being served is quite another. I think if the people can not get off their lazy rears and stop drinking long enough to attend church then that is their choice. Just do not be surprised to find a hot place full of suffering when you get there

21st May, 2008 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

Pub The Church

The way I see it if they are getting people to do good and turn their hearts to Jesus then it is all good. Best way to weigh it is if he did not have it there how many people might be missing out. When Jesus was alive they used to complain about the places he went to preach too.

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2008 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Church At The Pub

Archbishop to meet young drinkers

A church group which meets in pubs will be joined for a lunchtime drink by the Archbishop of Canterbury.
Ref. Source 6

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Dec, 2008 - 2:16pm / Post ID: #

Church The Pub

I see nothing wrong in going to speak to youth ins a bar, as you walk into the hot spots to recruit and give message. It is not how ever the place you dwell lest you be tempted as well.

> TOPIC: Church At The Pub

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,