Race: Black Mixed With White

Race Black Mixed White - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 19th Dec, 2006 - 10:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 11th Dec, 2006 - 1:15am / Post ID: #

If someone is mixed in this way then which race are they? How do people refer to someone mixed in such a manner in your country? Are they treated better or worst socially because of the mix?

Sponsored Links:
19th Dec, 2006 - 2:38am / Post ID: #

White Mixed Black Race

In my country people mixed in this way are referred to as 'Red', a term often associated by white Caucasians when speaking about the Native Americans. Anyway, here such mixes are looked upon as having a 'best of both worlds' aura and can usually blend in anywhere. The treatment for such individuals seems to be good.

19th Dec, 2006 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #

Race: Black Mixed With White Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

If someone is mixed in this way then which race are they?

No particular race but I would still refer to them as black, since usually it seems to be the predominant race on their physical features.

How do people refer to someone mixed in such a manner in your country?

In Argentina we refer them as Mulatos.

Are they treated better or worst socially because of the mix?

Since Argentina is mainly European descendants (Italians, Germans and Spaniards) and South American natives, you do not see black or "red" people very often like probably will see in Brazi (although we do have a small percentage of African descendants in the country) but I am not sure how they are treated. In Trinidad, it seems like they have no problems whatsoever.

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 19th Dec, 2006 - 12:56pm

19th Dec, 2006 - 10:57pm / Post ID: #

White Mixed Black Race

I think it would be fair to say that in Britain, generally speaking most people would count that most people would see this race as black.Although personally I don't see why people here always have to categorize in this way.
I say this, because we once fostered a little boy whose Mother was white and his Father was black. In this country this is classed as dual nationality or mixed race. Although the little boy had lived his entire life with just his white Mother, he was only allowed to stay with us temporarily until Social services could locate a black family willing to look after him, based purely on the fact that we are white. I just think that it is sad that people have so many hang ups of color of skin.

Generally speaking, people of mixed race themselves don't get badly treated here, however it is the white parent who tends to receive the racial abuse, I have experienced this first hand, both in looking after this little boy, and also having looked after our nephews and nieces who are dual nationality also.

> TOPIC: Race: Black Mixed With White

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,