Warning Drivers: Deer On The Move

Warning Drivers Deer Move - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 3rd Dec, 2008 - 4:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Pet News
Post Date: 1st Dec, 2008 - 2:33pm / Post ID: #

Caring For Pets / News

State and local authorities in New Hampshire are warning drivers that deer are on the move, and more likely to jump onto roads.
Source: WBZ-TV - Breaking News, Weather and Sports for Boston, Worcester and New Hampshire

Sponsored Links:
1st Dec, 2008 - 4:03pm / Post ID: #

Move The Deer Drivers Warning

Yes I have noted around my area more deer then in past I also know the ministry is countering this with more deer tags for those who bow hunt. It is required as many hunters go north missing the over stocked southern realm of deer.

I use deer whistles fro near 10 years now and I will testify they work great. Dogs, fox, rabbits, coon, deer and moose seem to dislike the sound they make. best part they are a 1.00 the good ones cost 2.00. The difference in the good ones have screw holes so they do not fall off so easy. I think the ministry should make hem mandatory.
Only think I often pondered is if you have a dairy farm to close to a busy road is your production effected due to the noise.

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2008 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Warning Drivers: Deer On The Move UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Having deer whistles are almost a must in any state or providence where the deer move around a lot. I have deer whistles on both of my main vehicles. I will recommend that you change your deer whistles once every six months as dirt and debris will build up in them causing them to be less efficient. In all the time I have been using them I have not had a deer accident. I have been using them for better than 15 years.

2nd Dec, 2008 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #

I never thought about changing them that is a good point Klar. I am on paved roads so really a non issue for the most part. Plus I tend to bust them cleaning snow biggrin.gif

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2008 - 6:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Even on a paved road you get road salt and sand and other debris that will clog the deer whistles. This is why you want to change them once every six months. I thing the deer whistles even say that on the box. If you live on a gravel or dirt road you may want to change them more often.

remember too that Deer crossing signs are there for a reason.

2nd Dec, 2008 - 6:47pm / Post ID: #

Yes they are there to aid hunters in the fall. I will be honest I have never noted any change in the response from the wild life when they were new or older. Mind you I do clean them when I wash the car.

One word of advice if you think it is broke and not working do not blow in it. They are very loud sharp whistles at lower wind speeds.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Dec, 2008 - 4:41am / Post ID: #

Warning Drivers Deer The Move

If you dont have a deer whistle, do not try flashing your lights at night to get a deer off the road. It doesnt work! They just stand there mezzemerized as you plow into them. Use your horn.

I hit a deer once at about 70 mph on a moonlit highway. Good thing I actually was driving what I called a Land Ark ('69 Dodge Charger). If I were driving anyone of the small sports cars I bought after that, I think he would have ended up in my lap along with the windshield. Drove the rest of the way to school with one light pointed up to the sky and the other lights broken.

Never saw a deer whistle while living in Virginia, Pennsylvania or Missouri. Would have loved to have had one!

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2008 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Warning Drivers Deer The Move Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

Hitting a deer is not a good thing especially with the cars of nowadays. My Intrepid was hit by a deer. My wife was driving it and she was stopped when a deer hit the left front corner panel and slide across the hood. I had to replace the light assemble but other than a dent in the hood the car is fine. She saw the deer and stopped instead of hitting them.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Warning Drivers: Deer On The Move

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,