Congressional Aide Admits Trying To Hire Hackers

Congressional Aide Admits Hire Hackers - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 16th May, 2009 - 2:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd Dec, 2006 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #

Now, the guy is not only dishonest but a complete idiot. He tried to hire a hacker to change his GPA grades. There is a link on the article where you can see the e-mails between this guy and the "hackers". It's hilarious (you cannot believe the guy can be so silly), specially the end. Note: In the e-mails there is some cussing, so keep that in mind before clicking to see the e-mails.

The communications director for Montana's lone congressman solicited the services of two men he falsely believed to be criminally minded hackers-for-hire -- with the expressed goal of jacking up his college GPA -- during an exchange that spanned 22 e-mails over two weeks this past summer.

Todd Shriber, 28-year-old press aide to U.S. Rep. Denny Rehberg, R-Mont., e-mailed the security Web site attrition.org on Aug. 9, writing: "I need to urgently make contact with a hacker that would be interested in doing a one-time job for me. The pay would be good. I'm not sure what exactly the job would entail with respect to computer jargon, but I can go into rough detail upon making contact with a candidate."

After initially denying knowledge of the exchange, Shriber told me this afternoon in the final of our three phone conversations: "I did something that's greatly out of character for me and it's a mistake that I regret."

Two members of attrition.org, "Lyger" and "Jericho" (a.k.a. "security curmudgeon") corresponded with Shriber and fooled him into believing that they would carry out his wishes, with Jericho warning him at one point: "You are soliciting me to break the law and hack into a computer across state lines. That is a federal offense and multiple felonies."

Shriber wanted Lyger and Jericho to break into the computer system at Texas Christian University, from which he graduated in 2000...

https://www.networkworld.com/community/?q=node/9999¬hing&1

If you read the e-mails, the squirrell part is unbelievable!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th May, 2009 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Hackers Hire Trying Admits Aide Congressional

I think that any who want to hire a hacker to raise their grades or credit score are doing nothing but setting them selves up for failure in the near future. If you can not accept yourself for the jobs and life that you led when you were younger what makes you think anyone else is going to accept you?

> TOPIC: Congressional Aide Admits Trying To Hire Hackers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,