Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid

Palestine Peace Apartheid - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 11th Sep, 2007 - 8:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Author: Jimmy Carter
Post Date: 8th Jan, 2007 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Norman Finkelstein vs. Gil Troy On Jimmy Carter's Controversial Book "Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid"

Controversy continues over Jimmy Carter's recent book "Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid." We host a debate on the former president's book with two leading scholars: DePaul University professor Norman Finkelstein, author of "Beyond Chutzpah: On the Misuse of Anti-Semitism and the Abuse of History" and McGill University professor Gil Troy, author of "Why I Am a Zionist: Israel, Jewish Identity, and the Challenges of Today."
Ref. https://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=07/01/08/1414201

Sponsored Links:
17th Jan, 2007 - 1:08am / Post ID: #

Apartheid Peace Palestine

I would never read this book. To start with, Jimmy Carter has proven to be the most antisemitic President in the last 60 years. He may claim otherwise, but his policies and other actions prove his actual feelings.

I find it interesting that many of his supporters, including most Democrat politicians, have distanced themselves from him. He is becoming the Left's version of Pat Roberson.

17th Jan, 2007 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

After I read this article, supporters distancing themselves may actually be a understatement:

https://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,243082,00.html

It is pretty scary, when your admirers are becoming disenchanted with you because of the book. This makes you wonder if he had anyone proof read his material before he put it to print. I mean couldn't someone read this before he went out on book signings and said "Jimmy, this makes you look a bit anti-semetic" or "are you sure about these graphs"?

He has always seemed bitter with his place in the world following his presidency. I am sure that being called one of the worst (and I agree) presidents of the last 100 years doesn't make you feel great. And I am sure it burned Carter pretty well, when Nixon was getting more press and government work before his death. The real cut must have been when even Clinton did not use Carter during his days in the White House. I am not totally certain, but I believe that GWB has actually asked Carter to do more than Clinton did during his presidency. Basically, Carter will always have the stigma of a big time loser (and he did lose in a landslide victory to Reagan) and the guy that gave the US people double digit inflation and interest rates - not to mention hostages in Iran.

Let's just hope for his sake that he doesn't feel the need to put out another book to explain the validity of this book.

Post Date: 7th Feb, 2007 - 12:36am / Post ID: #

Jimmy Carter once said, "Republicans are men of narrow vision, who are afraid of the future."

7th Feb, 2007 - 1:18am / Post ID: #

Jimmy Carter also said that there were "too many Jews" on the Holocaust Memorial Council. He also rejected a Presbyterian from the council because his name sounded "too Jewish".

https://www.worldnetdaily.com/staticarticle...ticle53954.html

The article also points out his efforts to excuse a confirmed former SS Officer. Pretty interesting reading and definitely doesn't paint the former president in all too nice of light.

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2007 - 3:19am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Fmr. President Jimmy Carter on 'Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid'

In his first interview with Democracy Now!, former President Jimmy Carter talks about what led him to write 'Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid', his controversial book that argues Israel¹s settlements in the Occupied Territories are the main barrier to peace. Carter also discusses his regrets over sending arms to Indonesia during the occupation of East Timor and recounts his dealings with the Shah of Iran. The 39th president also assesses the Iraq war and reflects on the 25th anniversary of the Carter Center, which has focused on election monitoring and health initiatives around the world.
Ref. https://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=07/09/10/1518224

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Sep, 2007 - 12:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Palestine Peace Apartheid

As Carter has aged, he seems to have lost his marbles. This book is further evidence.

11th Sep, 2007 - 8:36pm / Post ID: #

Palestine Peace Apartheid Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

Jimmy Carter is the worst Ex-US president that I know of.

He has the audacity to be on the side of the islamacists when he is a main reason we are fighting them today. His capitulation in the Iran hostage crises gives him little credibility in this arena and is blatant in his hate for israel.

Cases in point:

1. The title 'Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid' implies that israel is an apartheid state. I am sure many of you out their would agree that israel is an apartheid state,
but compared the rights an israeli arab as compared to the average citizen in most arab countries, Arabi israelis have it great.
1 Arab israeli's including Arab israeli women have the right to vote and hold public office. Most arab states do not allow women to be politically active. Israeli arabs hold several high offices in the Knesset.
2. Arabic(with hebrew) is an official language of israel.
3 Arabs who hold israeli citizenship hold equal rights to their israeli counterparts.

4 South Africa was an apartheid state. In comparing the two, there is no comparison.
From Myths & Facts Online
Human Rights in Israel and the Territories
by Mitchell G. Bard

Under apartheid, black South Africans could not vote and were not citizens of the country in which they formed the overwhelming majority of the population. Laws dictated where they could live, work and travel. And, in South Africa, the government killed blacks who protested against its policies. By contrast, Israel allows freedom of movement, assembly and speech. Some of the government's harshest critics are Israeli Arabs who are members of the Knesset.

Stating that israel is the problem without discussing the Palestinian propensity for indiscriminate violence, puts Jimmy Carter in the role of a islamacist propaganda machine.

Reconcile Edited: dbackers on 11th Sep, 2007 - 9:01pm

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,