Toddlers, Sleep & Tele

Toddlers Sleep Tele - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 8th Apr, 2008 - 2:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 8th Apr, 2008 - 12:38pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Toddlers, Sleep & Tele

Toddlers, Sleep & Tele

Baby sleep 'link' to weight risk

Lack of sleep and regular TV viewing increases the risk of babies and toddlers becoming overweight, a US study says.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7335015.stm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Apr, 2008 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

Toddlers, Sleep & Tele
A Friend

Tele and Sleep Toddlers

I do not agree with this. I have two daughters who I raised mostly. They both watched their favorite tv shows/videos and even if they did not get a good night sleep they are not over weight. They got plenty of outdoor activity and ran around a lot. I would place the blame on overweight kids more on parents who let the tv raise their kids. IF their kids are not getting out where they can run and play the risk of being overweight goes up quickly.

I know this from personnel experience when my step sons went to visit their father one summer for six weeks. Their step mother kept them inside and would not let them make any type of noise. All three gained at least 40 lbs if not more in those six weeks. Two of them are to this day still fighting with the weight. It has been six years ago.

Therefore I attribute kids being overweight to inactivity at home. It is a parents responsibility to make sure their kids are getting exercise and not vegetating on the couch.

> TOPIC: Toddlers, Sleep & Tele

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,