Barack Obama - Page 14 of 30

I think Obama will be hoping more voters are - Page 14 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 19th Jun, 2008 - 10:52am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 30 pgs.  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  ...Latest (30) »
Closed
Barack Obama
USA As President of the USA
Post Date: 6th Jun, 2008 - 1:36am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Barack Obama - Page 14

A Historic Candidacy

Last night, Sen. Barack Obama clinched the Democratic presidential nomination, defying the odds to become the first African-American candidate in history to lead a major U.S. political party. How did he do it? ABC's David Wright takes a look at how the Internet boosted Obama's fundraising and helped build support.

Second in Command?

He hit the magic number of delegates needed for the nomination late yesterday evening. But already, Barack Obama is turning to the next big question: Who will share his ticket? Could it be his former opponent, Sen. Hillary Clinton, who yesterday said she was "open" to the idea? While Washington is buzzing about Obama's potential picks for vice president, ABC's Jake Tapper takes a different look. He counts down the ten people Obama should not pick for second in command.

Pro-Life Voters Must Work Overtime to Stop Pro-Abortion Barack Obama

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- A spokeswoman for a leading pro-life group says pro-life advocates need to begin work today to stop likely Democratic nominee Barack Obama. Karen Cross, the political director for National Right to Life, says Obama would advocate abortion at every turn if elected president. "Senator Barack Obama has a strong position and voting record in favor of abortion on demand," Cross told LifeNews.com. "He strongly supports the appointment of only U.S. Supreme Court Justices who favor Roe v. Wade." That means Obama would ensure legalized abortion throughout the entirety of pregnancy will remain legal in the U.S. for another 35 years, Cross says. "If Senator Barack Obama becomes president of the United States, hundreds of thousands more unborn children will likely die each year," Cross warns. Cross points to a speech Obama made before Planned Parenthood in 2007 promising to sign the so-called Freedom of Choice Act that would make the Roe decision federal law. She tells LifeNews.com the bill "would invalidate virtually all state and federal limitations on abortion, and would make partial-birth abortion legal again."
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/nat3961.html

Sponsored Links:
8th Jun, 2008 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

Obama Barack

Obama has everything he needs to win the White House: a terrible US economy, war in many nations and people generally disgruntled by Bush's administration, but is it enough?

Obama looking to widen electoral map for Democrats

Tomorrow, Obama, D-Ill., will travel to North Carolina - a state that has not voted for a Democratic presidential candidate in 32 years - to start a two-week tour of speeches, town hall forums and other appearances intended to highlight differences with McCain, R-Ariz., on the economy. From there, Obama heads to Missouri, which last voted for a Democrat in 1996. His first campaign swing after securing the Democratic presidential nomination last week was to Virginia, which last voted Democratic in 1964.
Ref. Read More

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

10th Jun, 2008 - 8:37pm / Post ID: #

Barack Obama History & Civil Business Politics

Has anyone noticed that when Obama is asked a question he doesn't have a speach prepared for he stammers, stutters, and acts totally lost? Trust me, I have no love for McCain, but if McCain ever gets Obama in a debate where he has to answer questions he is not prepared for McCain will have the opportunity to eat him alive. Of course McCain probably won't take the opportunity, because he wants to run a "nice, fair" campaign. They're both losers and I have to vote for one of them.

Also, not that anyone would notice because the liberal news media won't tell you, but facts and figures out last month show we are not in a bad economy. We never had the recession the libs and the media wanted so badly. Know why they wanted a recession? Historically, if the economy is bad at election time, the party in the white house changes. And the democrats will lie, cheat, steal, whatever they think necessary to regain their power back.

Rather off topic, but...
This post is just full of "also's" Also, not that the world would know because the liberal media won't tell you, Iraq is becoming a very peaceful place. They are taking control of their own security and killing the trouble makers themselves. Proof? You want proof? Remember the years when we were totally responsible for Iraq? Remember when their leaders couldn't get out of their own tracks? Remember when the "news media" fed us bombings and killing and blood every hour? Check your news today. How much is devoted to the good news coming from Iraq? NONE! How much is devoted to the bad news from Iraq? I don't remember any in the last few days. What a change, but CHANGE is what Barack is running on, so I guess that's a good thing for him.

Now, President George Bush. I have no love for the man because he won't close our borders. There are letters our Border Patrol uses because more than south of the border residents are coming across. The letters are "O.T.M." That's right! It stands for Other Than Mexican! and God only knows what the OTMs are bringing in.
The liberal democrats have had a "Hate George Bush" program going for almost 8 years. They have nit picked at every move and every word he has said. They have taught America (including my own grandchildren) to hate the man. Why? So they can say McCain would be just another 4 years of George Bush!

Brilliant! But Obama's got to walk a very tight rope. If he falters for even a moment Hillary will eat him alive! Notice she only "suspended" her run? Notice she hasn't given up her delegates? Don't count her out till the fat lady sings. In the words of Dick Morris, she's hanging up there like a vulture, waiting.

If you really want to know what Obama is faced with, Dick Morris will be glad to keep you updated.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use the Offtopic Tags so that the Thread maintains the SAME subject matter and does not develop into another Topic. See Constructive Posting Policy.

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 102 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.2%

Post Date: 11th Jun, 2008 - 5:51pm / Post ID: #

Page 14 Obama Barack

Associated Press Hides Barack Obama's Pro-Abortion Views in New Analysis

The Associated Press ran a news story on Tuesday saying Barack Obama has captured enough delegates to become the Democratic presidential nominee. On the heels of the article AP trotted out a comparison piece contrasting Obama and eventual GOP nominee John McCain on top issues. However, the Associated Press piece contains a glaring error. It fails to fully articulate the manner in which Obama has pressed the drumbeat for abortion. Barack Obama began his presidential campaign in July 2007 spending time with his friends at Planned Parenthood, the nation's number one abortion business. He promised the pro-abortion group the first thing he would do as president is sign into law a bill that not only makes the abortion-on-demand-throughout-pregnancy ruling of Roe v. Wade the national law of the land, but overturns every single pro-life limit ever enacted by any of the 50 state legislatures. Obama has also promised to only nominate federal judges who will pledge to keep abortion legal throughout pregnancy for another 35 years. Obama won't even go as far as some of the pro-abortion colleagues in Congress and support a bill to ban the gruesome partial-birth abortion procedure that some have more accurately termed infanticide. Yet, in its analysis piece on Tuesday, all the Association Press managed to say about Obama is: "Favors abortion rights."
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/nat3957.html

Post Date: 17th Jun, 2008 - 2:45am / Post ID: #

Obama Barack

Gore's Endorsement

Former Vice President Al Gore plans to announce his endorsement of Sen. Barack Obama for president in Michigan this evening. Gore had kept out of the Democratic presidential primary race thus far but is now throwing his muscle behind the presumptive nominee.
Ref. ABCNightline

19th Jun, 2008 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

Barack Obama

In another Thread it is said by a poll that Abortion is losing popularity. If that is true, which I doubt, you have to wonder if this will be a losing point for Obama?

Barack Obama's Flowery Words Can't Cover Up Extreme Pro-Abortion Position
by Laura Echevarria

Well, it's official. Barack Obama is the presumptive nominee; Al Gore has presented his imprimatur and the media, well, they are fawning all over Obama. But if Barack Obama is elected in November, those who have performed and promoted abortions will have found a new champion. And make no mistake, he will champion their cause. Barack Obama's language on abortion is loose and the delivery is designed to allow the listener to walk away feeling good about how the message was conveyed. This is intentional. In a recent meeting between Barack Obama and religious leaders, the attendees discussed a number of issues and abortion took up a good portion of the meeting. According to one account, Obama claimed that he wants to "discourage" the practice of abortion. Barack Obama has a 0% voting record with NRLC and a 100% voting record with NARAL Pro-Choice America. He opposes the Hyde Amendment, Mexico City Policy and is a co-sponsor of the Freedom of Choice Act. Barack Obama also voted to block legislation that would require an abortionist to give notice to the parent of a minor if the minor lives in another state. Barack Obama is not willing to give on this issue.
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/nat3988.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Jun, 2008 - 6:07am / Post ID: #

Barack Obama - Page 14

Abortion is always a defining topic in a election, but really only a defining topic for true republicans and democrats. The christian right (and there is a thread on this) has become quite a force over the last 20 plus years in the US. In general, you will find conservative republicans are anti-abortion and liberal democrats will be pro-abortion. Honestly, Obama needs to cement his support amongst his own party and this is a key issue for many of them. These are the people that Clinton now leaves behind and he needs them. Is it a bad strategy? No...he really needs to do this to keep the democratic party base in his corner...fully. The people that are going to be turned off entirely by this werent going to vote for him anyway and those are the christian right... Someone as left as Obama (and he and Clinton couldnt go much further left or they would fall off the planet), had no chance with the core of the republican party anyway.

The group he has to worry about turning off is his own party (which this stance will only enhance) and true independents. I would say for most independents (I being one) will not let this one topic make our choice. I have to hear more about his fiscal policy, health care, deficit and social security plans. Those are far more important to me and I need more than the glossing over that has been done so far in the primaries.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

19th Jun, 2008 - 10:52am / Post ID: #

Barack Obama Politics Business Civil & History - Page 14

I think Obama will be hoping more voters are like you, because it seems to me that most people will vote for someone based on one issue like abortion for instance.

> TOPIC: Barack Obama

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,