Barack Obama - Page 17 of 30

QUOTE "[We] need a president who can - Page 17 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 3rd Sep, 2008 - 5:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 30 pgs.  13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21  ...Latest (30) »
Closed
Barack Obama
USA As President of the USA
Post Date: 15th Aug, 2008 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Barack Obama - Page 17

Barack Obama Would Reverse President Bush's Stem Cell Research Policy

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Voters can count on a President Barack Obama to expand abortions more than ever before with taxpayer funding, pro-abortion judges and overturning state pro-life laws. But they can also count on him to reverse President Bush's protections on embryonic stem cell research. While Bush has made sure taxpayers aren't forced to pay for the grisly research, an Obama representative says he will force them to fund the destruction of human life. Melody Barnes, the senior domestic policy adviser to the Obama campaign, told NPR that Bush has been the overseer of a so-called "war on science" because he won't fund research that has never helped a single patient. Barnes says Obama would immediately reverse Bush's policy of not funding new embryonic stem cell research after taking office should he become president. "[Obama] believes that upon being elected president of the United States, he could sign an executive order that would overturn the Bush position on stem-cell research and open up the avenues considerably," she told NPR. While John McCain has opposed the pro-life movement on embryonic stem cell research, as LifeNews.com noted yesterday, he is moving in the pro-life direction and agrees with pro-life advocates on issues like human cloning and the purposeful creation of human embryos for destruction.
Ref. Source 2

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Aug, 2008 - 2:55pm / Post ID: #

Obama Barack

Pro-Life Advocate Responds to Obama Camp's Gripes About Abortion Flack

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Yesterday, the Obama campaign released the latest response to criticism from pro-life advocates about Obama's repeated votes against a bill that would have protected unborn children who survive abortions. The enmity has been targeted at National Right to Life, which says Obama is still ducking the real issue. As LifeNews.com reported, the Obama campaign called criticism of Obama's votes against the Born Alive Infants Protection Act "offensive and insulting." It repeated the same disproved arguments Obama has given about why he voted against giving adequate medical care to prematurely born newborns or babies who survive abortions. But Douglas Johnson, the legislative director for National Right to Life, tells LifeNews.com that the Obama campaign is hoping to cover up the extremist position Obama took. "Senator Obama's manufactured indignation and continued misrepresentations of Illinois legislation have one common goal," he said. Obama and his campaign hope to "obscure the reality that he opposed recognizing, as legally protected persons, babies who were born alive during abortions, during the fourth and fifth months of development." "Because these babies were not yet 'viable' -- that is, capable of long-term survival -- Obama regarded them as non-persons under Roe v. Wade," Johnson explained.
Ref. Source 9

27th Aug, 2008 - 3:37am / Post ID: #

Barack Obama History & Civil Business Politics

It seems Barack Obama's citizenship is in question, which throws a wrench in the works. Where exactly was he born? Hawai'I, and at the time of his birth, there was a question of the legality of U.S. "occupation" and whether or not Hawai'I is actually a state. Apparently, this will be decided by some court or other. I also didn't realize that John McCain was born in Panama on a military base.

This Washington Post column on "Citizen McCain's Panama Problem?" examines the issue and some other historical candidacies that have raised this question.

But is he constitutionally qualified to become president? McCain was indeed born in the Canal Zone, and Article II of the Constitution plainly states that "no person except a natural born Citizen... shall be eligible to the Office of President."

Some might define the term "natural-born citizen" as one who was born on United States soil. But the First Congress, on March 26, 1790, approved an act that declared, "The children of citizens of the United States that may be born beyond sea, or outside the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural-born citizens of the United States." That would seem to include McCain, whose parents were both citizens and whose father was a Navy officer stationed at the U.S. naval base in Panama at the time of John's birth in 1936.

And Barack Obama, whose mother was a U.S. citizen, even if Hawaii was not a U.S. state.

It has been pointed out ... that prior to 1986, someone born abroad was a U.S. citizen only if both parents were U.S. citizens at the time of the child's birth. Since Obama's father was not a U.S. citizen (he was Kenyan), he actually cannot claim citizenship by jus sanguinis, only by jus soli with Hawaii considered a state. Again, I still don't think this will have any actual effect on his eligibility, since the U.S. considers Hawaii a state, but in fact if you follow the legal argument that Hawaii is an occupied country and the U.S. has never legally acquired Hawaii, the logical consequence is that Obama is not a natural-born citizen by either place or parentage, and is not actually eligible for the presidency.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

27th Aug, 2008 - 7:07am / Post ID: #

Page 17 Obama Barack

It is an interesting argument. Though I doubt anything will ever come of it, we should be so lucky. I wonder what would happen if they did decide he was no longer eligible? Would the Democratic candidate become a write-in? Perhaps Hillary?

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2008 - 10:59pm / Post ID: #

Obama Barack

Barack Obama

DENVER - Barack Obama has been formally chosen as the Democratic presidential nominee by acclamation at the party's convention.
Ref. USAToday

28th Aug, 2008 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

Barack Obama

It may very well be Hillary, because she had the second most delegates. What a disaster that would be! I honestly doubt any of this will make it to mainstream media, unless it goes to court and the decision is less than favorable. I guess it would come down to who has more influence over the court - the candidate, the "almost" candidate, or the law?

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Aug, 2008 - 2:32pm / Post ID: #

Barack Obama
A Friend

Barack Obama - Page 17

I think that many people are not happy with the nomination of MR Obama. I think as a outsider looking in at the Democrats that they maybe are going to lose the majority now.

3rd Sep, 2008 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

Barack Obama Politics Business Civil & History - Page 17

"[We] need a president who can stand up to Big Oil and big energy companies and say enough is enough," Obama said Monday.

Some are under the assumption that Mr. Obama is fighting big oil, but assumptions are sometimes wrong. He is actually receiving more campaign funds from some "big oil" companies and their employees then Senator Mccain.

Source 1

From the above source

Turns out, the biggest recipient of contributions from Exxon executives and employees during this campaign is not McCain. It's Obama.

The non-partisan center writes: "Through June, Exxon employees have given Obama $42,100 to McCain's $35,166. Chevron favors Obama $35,157 to $28,500, and Obama edges out McCain with BP $16,046 vs. $11,500."

I guess to Barrack, standing up to big oil involves standing up and accepting a check.

Reconcile Edited: dbackers on 3rd Sep, 2008 - 5:32pm

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

> TOPIC: Barack Obama

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,