Barack Obama - Page 20 of 30

QUOTE (Rhieland)I would actually be ecstatic - Page 20 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 14th Oct, 2008 - 3:52am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 30 pgs.  16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24  ...Latest (30) »
Closed
Barack Obama
USA As President of the USA
Post Date: 5th Oct, 2008 - 10:44pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Barack Obama - Page 20

Palin makes Obama terrorist claim

US Republican vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin accuses Barack Obama of associating with a "domestic terrorist".
Ref. Source 6

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Oct, 2008 - 12:15am / Post ID: #

Obama Barack

Abortion Views May Not Hurt Obama Because Americans See Him as Religious

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Barack Obama is arguably the most pro-abortion presidential candidate since Roe v. Wade -- with him supporting a bill to overturn all pro-life laws nationwide and votes appearing to support infanticide in Illinois. So why is it that Obama is doing better in the polls that previous pro-abortion candidates? One explanation, of course, has to do with the difficult economic conditions and Obama's position as the so-called change candidate who doesn't hail from the incumbent presidential party. But a new poll reveals that Obama may be insulating himself from attacks on abortion because of his frequent discussion of religion -- which has endeared some pro-life advocates to his campaign. A survey from Public Religion Research for the liberal religious group Faith in Public Life finds more Americans say Obama is more religion-friendly than McCain, who prefers to downplay his religious focus and focus on doing the right thing. Forty-nine percent of Americans say Obama is friendly to religion, while 45% say McCain is friendly to religion. With 71 percent saying it is important for public officials to be comfortable talking about religious values, that's a handicap for McCain. The shift is seen in the percentage of highly religious Americans who favor Obama. McCain has a lead among voters who attend religious services weekly, but for those who attend religious services once or twice a month have moved from 49 percent for previous candidate John Kerry to 60 percent backing Obama.
Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 11th Oct, 2008 - 10:05pm / Post ID: #

Barack Obama History & Civil Business Politics

Obama Campaign Silent on Health Care Plan Including Tax-Funded Abortions

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- While some Barack Obama backers are hoping to provide cover for his pro-abortion positions by saying he will advocate better health care, the Obama campaign is coming under criticism for refusing to say whether his governmental health care plan will require Americans to pay for abortions. Obama, who supports unlimited abortions throughout pregnancy for any reason, is promoting a health care plan that would mandate employer-sponsored health care and use targeted taxes to socialize medicine for low-income families. Although the plan is clear in some respects, it is hazy vis-a-vis the abortion question. John McCormack, a writer for the magazine Weekly Standard, hoped to resolve the question recently. "During a campaign conference call about health care yesterday, I asked Obama-Biden surrogate Gov. Kathleen Sebelius if Obama's health care plan would mandate coverage for all legal abortions," he writes. "I really don't know the specifics of that," Sebelius replied. "An Obama-Biden spokesman told me via email that he'd find an answer to my question. But subsequent emails and phone calls in the past 24 hours from me to Obama-Biden spokesmen have gone unanswered," McCormack adds. "Apparently the Obama-Biden campaign doesn't think it needs to provide basic factual information about their candidate's health care plan. "
Ref. Source 6

14th Oct, 2008 - 2:19am / Post ID: #

Page 20 Obama Barack

I find it interesting that no one comments about Obama anymore, everything is about Palin, the Alaskan star.

New Ad Exposes How Obama Wants All Laws Reducing Abortion Overturned

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- The Family Research Council PAC has launched a new television ad that focuses voters' attention on a bill that Barack Obama says would be his first to sign as president. The measure would make unlimited abortions a national law and overturn every abortion limit approved in all 50 states. The bill, known as the Freedom of Choice Act, is one Obama told Planned Parenthood in July 2007 he would not just sign but make his first piece of legislation. "What would you do as President," the ad asks viewers. "Fix the economy? End the war? Restore our schools?" The ad moves to the Planned Parenthood speech and features footage of Obama saying, "Well the first thing I'd do as president is sign the Freedom of Choice Act." The female narrator responds, "Really? Obama's top priority as president will be a law to reinstate partial-birth abortion? Eliminate parental notification? Force taxpayers to fund abortions?" The ad goes back to Obama's Planned Parenthood speech and shows footage of him saying, "On this fundamental issue, I will not yield and Planned Parenthood will not yield." The narrator concludes: "Barack Obama, dangerous values."

Ref. Source 9

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

14th Oct, 2008 - 2:51am / Post ID: #

Obama Barack

I think the news clips speak for themselves. It's hard to comment on these things. Why are these points not being brought up in the "mainstream" media? All we hear are the talking heads saying that "Obama has a solid lead" in the polls over McCain. We're not hearing about his record on abortion or his plans to overturn state laws on that subject.

Why do you suppose that is?

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

14th Oct, 2008 - 3:38am / Post ID: #

Barack Obama

As someone said in another Thread it is because the media are all Democrats and are doing their best to make Obama look good.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Oct, 2008 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

Barack Obama
A Friend

Barack Obama - Page 20

Appears to me, that once again Obama tried sugar coating his speech. But, if he gets elected, and the first thing he does is that, is it really that big of a deal? I mean it is an issue that has been going on. It is probably a real quick and simple fix too. But I personally couldn't care less what he first does if he becomes president. As long as he quickly has it done, and gets to other issues, I'm just fine with it. Plus, I personally don't think it is right to bring religion into politics. Also the people who wrote the constitution didn't either when Jefferson wrote about the separation of church and state. And religion is one of the most commonly used subjects against abortion. I would actually be ecstatic to see unlimited abortions becoming legal in all states.

Reconcile Edited: Rhieland on 14th Oct, 2008 - 3:42am

14th Oct, 2008 - 3:52am / Post ID: #

Barack Obama Politics Business Civil & History - Page 20

QUOTE (Rhieland)
I would actually be ecstatic to see unlimited abortions becoming legal in all states.

spock.gif It is one thing to support a woman's freedom of choice and I understand that side of the debate, but to be "estatic" over abortion? Now, you surprise me there. With regards to Obama, a browse through most of the News Posts will show that his campaigners are trying to paint a picture that will all support from both sides.

> TOPIC: Barack Obama

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,