Barack Obama - Page 21 of 30

Well, unfortunately, for many, what you consider - Page 21 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 16th Oct, 2008 - 7:01am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 30 pgs.  17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  ...Latest (30) »
Closed
Barack Obama
USA As President of the USA
14th Oct, 2008 - 3:56am / Post ID: #

Barack Obama - Page 21

How do you figure that speech was sugar-coated in any way? I think it spelled out quite clearly what his stand is on this issue, and what he plans to do about it if he's elected.

Rather off topic, but...
QUOTE (Rhieland)
I would actually be ecstatic to see unlimited abortions becoming legal in all states.
It would make you "ecstatic"? Unlimited abortions, at any time during the pregnancy, up to and including the final month of a healthy pregnancy? Young girls allowed to have abortions without their parents knowledge or consent?

That is one sick view, Rhieland. Do you have no respect for human life -- that of the child or the mother, or even the doctors who can cold-bloodedly perform these procedures day after day after day, death after death after death? You're okay with that?

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Oct, 2008 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Obama Barack

Sarah Palin: Barack Obama "Absolutely Atrocious" by Supporting Unlimited Abortion

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- With debate moderators not asking any questions of the candidates on abortion, pro-life advocates have been hoping John McCain and Sarah Palin would criticize Barack Obama's pro-abortion record. In a national radio interview on Thursday, Palin did just that and called Obama's record "atrocious." During an interview with nationally syndicated radio talk show host Laura Ingraham, Palin described Obama's view that abortions should be legal for any reason throughout pregnancy "absolutely atrocious." Palin heavily criticized Obama's votes in the Illinois legislature against the Born Alive Infant Protection Act, a bill that would require hospital staff to provide medical care for infants who survive failed abortions. "His position on this and on life has been his vote against legislation--three times voting against legislation that would provide medical care to a baby born having been a survivor of an abortion," the Alaska governor said. Palin went back to the issue of abortion later in the interview and continued criticizing Obama for the votes on the anti-infanticide bill and also tagged him for opposing a ban on partial-birth abortions. "It's appalling enough I think even for those who are pro-abortion to understand that Barack Obama opposes banning partial-birth abortion because that's quite extreme," Palin explained.
Ref. Source 3

Post Date: 14th Oct, 2008 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #

Barack Obama
A Friend

Barack Obama History & Civil Business Politics

Actually, I have been learning about over-population in countries. The United states in particular has nowhere near the natural resources to maintain it's people and life style. Now, other countries are permitting only one child, or it is punished by law. Our country could never do that, instead, abortion is kind of a way, that the people have decided they can help with Over-population. Also, at the rate the world is growing, it will be less than 200 years before the earth reaches it's carrying capacity. Thus, people begin starving but population will still increase for a few years. This creates an interesting issue, after that the ecosystem will begin to diminish rapidly. Then people would continue to die off from hunger, until it reaches the carrying capacity again, but because the ecosystem will be damaged, that capacity will be significantly lower than before. So, in a sense, being pro-choice, is also being pro-life.

Rather off topic, but...
Also, I never knew how to add off topic comments like that. Albeit there is an off topic button in the posting, thank you farseer, you are the first I've seen use this. So now I know how to use it.

Reconcile Edited: Rhieland on 14th Oct, 2008 - 8:18pm

15th Oct, 2008 - 2:07am / Post ID: #

Page 21 Obama Barack

Maybe this Topic needs to go into something of its own unless the arguments you are making is what Obama's campaign is also making.

1. I would like your source on the world not able to feed the population of the earth when there is so much land not yet tapped for agriculture.

2. You still did not answer how abortion can make you ecstatic.

As for Obama, if he wants to push abortion then that is his decision, but I genuinely hope his campaigners are not trying to disguise it in hope of gaining pro-life voters.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

15th Oct, 2008 - 4:09am / Post ID: #

Obama Barack

Obama's voting record speaks for itself in regards to his views on abortion. To think that he has seen the light of moderation in abortion due to his presidential run is a thought best held onto until the first tuesday in November. Should he win, he will continue with his voting style which is extreme liberal. There are liberal/liberal leaning justices just waiting for him to be elected so they can retire. And when they do, Obama gets to do a bit of nominating. Expect at least one or two of his nominees to get "Borked".

So yes, if unlimited abortions make you happy, Obama is your candidate.

There are very few differences between republicans and democrats honestly. For those that are hard core either, that will sound utterly ridiculous. The proof is the fact that nothing really changes when either is in charge and it is pretty much designed that way from the start and while the president is a powerful position, the congress as a whole is even more powerful.

If he gets elected, it is going to be interesting to see how long it takes for the media to turn on him. They do it to everyone since Kennedy and Obama will be no exception.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 15th Oct, 2008 - 8:02pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Barack Obama

I've had a "Come to Jesus" moment on Barack Obama

GLENN: What are the odds? What are the odds that in North Kansas City a couple would get a -- would get their credit card bill back... and they would find -- they are McCain supporters, and they would find on their credit card bill a $2300 donation to Barack Obama's presidential campaign?
Ref. Source 1

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Oct, 2008 - 9:17pm / Post ID: #

Barack Obama
A Friend

Barack Obama - Page 21

So about me being ecstatic, that is because I am sick and tired of people not voting for real issues, but rather abortion or gay marriage. The two issues do make or break someones ability to be president. Yet still, people will vote because they don't want people to be gay and happy, or for people to have abortion. Now, there are a few ways to identify just how you would go about selecting a party. This is one way, if you don't care about what other people do with there lives, but without effecting others. Your a Democrat. If you think people should do things a certain way because it is what you truly feel and believe is right. Your a Republican. Don't slander me on that, because that is one way.

As for the cited page. I really don't have an answer yet, I was learning this in one of the only college courses I was taking. But I did find thoughsomething. It has some stuff I didn't even realize.

If the whole world agreed on and adopted a policy so that only 2.1 children were born per couple, more than 60 years would pass before the world population finally stabilized at approximately 12 billion (Weeks, 1986).

16th Oct, 2008 - 7:01am / Post ID: #

Barack Obama Politics Business Civil & History - Page 21

Well, unfortunately, for many, what you consider a non-issue is paramount to them. That is why we have the lithmus test for political sides...abortion, gay rights, gun ownership, etc.. Other than those very few key differences, there is little difference between the parties.

Rather off topic, but...
I myself am as about as independent as you will find. It doesnt matter if you are a donkey or a elephant, just as long as you are conservative (truly), big on military defense/terrorism, deficit elimination and interested in protecting the existing rights of people. So basically, when I vote major party, it tends to be republican, but I do not share a great deal of things with the republican party.

As far as the circular logic of a pro abortion stance supporting a pro life stance, it is slanted at best. This assumes that each square ft of land will only produce what it produces today in regards to agriculture. It also assumes that the nutritional value of what is produced will remain constant. This is and has not been the case over the last several decades. In the 80's we were told the the population bomb was on our doorstep and that if we didnt do anything, there would be nowhere to live by year 2000. It is 2008 and I can drive from St. Louis to Orlando and basically see nothing but farms and a occasional gas station driving on our major highways. I can drive from Pittsburgh to Ft Lauderdale and see nothing but farms and gas stations. One key note...many of the farms are not in full use and it is obvious from a drive down almost any major highway in the US. We are paying farmers NOT to farm and still are doing it to this very day.

The US is already at the 2.1 child per family level and it would be less if we did not count hispanic families (they are 2.9). Why is it ours, Canada's and Australia's responsibility to feed the rest of the world? I mean I can certainly see taking advantage of the markets because it keeps our farmers employed and farming, but why should we be even talking about partial birth abortions in this country as a means of population control? Are we that primitive?

You are taking one subject (abortions) and applying it to the stance for all things between the parties and it is simply not true. It just goes to show the emotional level that this subject brings out in people. Just because the religious right of the republican party is against the existing right of abortion and gay marriage, you are saying that they are against allowing you to do with their lives what they want without effecting others...but yet...the republican party supports gun ownership and the democratic party would actually be happy to remove guns from a personal right. There are many more examples where the democratic party is against some rights/freedoms that the republican support. You cant blanket it that way.

ontheissues.org about Obama's stance on abortion:
On an issue like partial birth abortion, I strongly believe that the state can properly restrict late-term abortions. I have said so repeatedly. All I've said is we should have a provision to protect the health of the mother, and many of the bills that came before me didn't have that.

Part of the reason they didn't have it was purposeful, because those who are opposed to abortion have a moral calling to try to oppose what they think is immoral. Oftentimes what they were trying to do was to polarize the debate and make it more difficult for people, so that they could try to bring an end to abortions overall.

As president, my goal is to bring people together, to listen to them, and I don't think that's any Republican out there who I've worked with who would say that I don't listen to them, I don't respect their ideas, I don't understand their perspective. And my goal is to get us out of this polarizing debate where we're always trying to score cheap political points and actually get things done.

His stance cleared right up for me?

1st paragraph: I think states can properly restrict late-term abortions. Right off the bat, I am confused. Does he mean that late term abortions should be legal and the circumstances to administer it should be up to the state or is he saying it is OK for states to make partial birth abortions illegal? Is he saying that partial birth abortions are only OK if the mothers life is at risk? I cant tell.

2nd paragraph: I am really confused now... He just said there are people out there that believe it is morally wrong to have abortions and are trying to stop all abortions. I am at this point in total agreement. There really is a pro-life group. HEY, but wait, he just said in the previous paragraph that it is ok for states to restrict late-term/partial birth abortions. Now unless the states are only doing that on fiscal grounds, it is likely that they see this as a morally bad practice. So he, maybe, just said that it is ok for states to properly restrict morally bad practices. So does this mean if is state makes all abortions illegal, that Obama is OK with it? His voting record may say this is in conflict.

3rd paragraph:
He wants to depolarize polarizing issues with communication and dialog. Noble, but there is a reason that polarizing issues are polarizing. Otherwise, there is no need for various political parties because we would all think the same non-polarized way. The only middle ground might be in the case of rape and jeopardizing the mothers life...asside from that you will never get pro-life people to agree to elective abortions and pro-choice will never agree to give up elective abortions.

So in reading these clarifying remarks, I still do not really know where he stands. His voting record says he is 100% pro-choice, but that is not what is exactly said above. Why is this important? Only one reason. He gets to appointed Supreme Court Justices should he get elected and there are any retirements on the bench.

He is a very gifted speaker. He is extremely good at talking in large sweeping generalities that sounds wonderful. Will the world end if he is elected? No. Will all countries and people within the US be happy with a Obama presidency? No. it doesnt matter who is in office...there are always complaints. Will there be great change in a Obama presidency? Sure...doesnt matter who is elected next...GWB wont be in that seat any longer, but that is about the biggest change you can expect. However, if it is important to you as a voter to have unlimited abortions, Obama has a 100% voting record according to NOW...he is your guy! He cant make them legal by himself, but he can replace a few Supreme Court Justices (upon retirement) that if go the other way...might mean a end to abortions.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

> TOPIC: Barack Obama

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,