Barack Obama - Page 10 of 30

I seem to notice that one week he backs his - Page 10 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 30th Apr, 2008 - 1:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 30 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (30) »
Closed
Barack Obama
USA As President of the USA
7th Apr, 2008 - 4:41am / Post ID: #

Barack Obama - Page 10

With such a view I doubt I could ever vote for such a man. If life for him is considered "punishment" then I would hate to see his views on other things:

Barack Obama Would Back Daughters' Abortion, "Don't Punish Them With a Baby"

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Barack Obama is drawing gasps from pro-life advocates today over comments he made during a campaign stop in Pennsylvania over the weekend. The leading Democratic presidential candidate appeared to back a potential decision by his daughters to seek an abortion saying he wouldn't "punish" them with a baby. Obama's comments came in the context of off-the-cuff remarks addressing the issue of AIDS. (see them here) The candidate indicated he favored teaching both abstinence education as well as sexual education and he appeared to be hard-pressed to come up with something else to say when he brought up his daughters. "When it comes specifically to HIV/AIDS, the most important prevention is education, which should include -- which should include abstinence education and teaching the children -- teaching children, you know, that sex is not something casual," he said. "But it should also include -- it should also include other, you know, information about contraception because, look, I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old," he added. "I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby," Obama said.
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/nat3827.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
7th Apr, 2008 - 7:39am / Post ID: #

Obama Barack

He is definitely pandering to his target audience...liberal democrats. This is one of the key differences between the parties. If you are for abortions and it is the most important thing to you, then vote democrat. If you are pro-life and it is the most important thing to you, then vote republican. Those that are truly offended by his statements aren't really in a group he was hoping to win over anyway. However, his voting record has been confusing on the subject, so Clinton has been jabbing at him throughout the primaries as to his stance. Well, he certainly made his stance very easy to see and should please most liberal, pro-choice democrats.

Rather off topic, but...
Personally, I expect this stance to soften once he gets the nomination. In the primaries, it is customary to run to the extremes. Republicans run more conservative and democrats run more liberal in general. Once they have the nomination, they begin to modify their stances a bit more towards center. Bill Clinton was really good at doing this...

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2008 - 1:08am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Barack Obama History & Civil Business Politics

Barack Obama Claims He's Not "Pro-Abortion," Abortion Not a "Good Thing"

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Barack Obama has voted against every limit on abortion as a member of the U.S. Senate -- including repeated votes against making sure taxpayers aren't forced to pay for abortions here or overseas. But Obama told the media on Friday that no one, including him, is pro-abortion. He also promoted recent support from two pro-life elected officials, Sen. Bob Casey of Pennsylvania and former Rep. Tim Roemer of Indiana. Obama used their support to play down his views in favor of abortion. "It may be that those who have opposed abortion get a sense that I'm listening to them and respect their position even though where we finally come down may be different," he said. "Most Americans recognize that what we want to do is avoid, or help people avoid, having to make this difficult choice. That nobody is pro-abortion, abortion is never a good thing." Obama also reflected on the problem pro-abortion candidates like him have had connecting with voters, a majority of women are pro-life and a strong majority of whom support the kind of common sense limits he opposes. "The mistake that pro-choice forces have sometimes made in the past, and this is a generalization so it has not always been the case, has been to not acknowledge the wrenching moral issues involved in it," he said.
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/nat3853.html

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2008 - 8:42pm / Post ID: #

Page 10 Obama Barack

Obama rues 'bitter' voter remark

US presidential hopeful Barack Obama says his description of "bitter" working-class voters was ill-chosen.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/a...cas/7344532.stm

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2008 - 1:50am / Post ID: #

Obama Barack

Barack Obama Criticized for Comparing Pro-Life Senator to Terrorist

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Pro-abortion presidential candidate Barack Obama is under fire today for comparing a pro-life senator to a domestic terrorist responsible for setting off bombs and never apologizing. Obama made the comments during Wednesday night's Democratic debate with Hillary Clinton. Obama was asked a question about his friendship with William Ayers, a member of a 1970s radical group called Weather Underground that was responsible for bombing the Pentagon, the Capitol and other buildings. Obama explained that his friendship with Ayers shouldn't be construed as implying he endorsed the terrorist-like tactics Ayers used to drive home his political point. Then, the Illinois senator brought up a pro-life colleague to apparently make the point that he's friends with other people who take "extreme" positions or would use terrorist tactics. "The fact is, is that I'm also friendly with Tom Coburn, one of the most conservative Republicans in the United States Senate, who during his campaign once said that it might be appropriate to apply the death penalty to those who carried out abortions," Obama said. "Do I need to apologize for Mr. Coburn's statements? Because I certainly don't agree with those either," he added.
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/nat3872.html

Post Date: 26th Apr, 2008 - 1:17am / Post ID: #

Barack Obama

Pro-Life Senator Responds to Barack Obama Comparing Him to Terrorist

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- A leading pro-life U.S. senator has responded to comments pro-abortion Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama made during the most recent presidential debate. Obama compared Sen. Tom Coburn of Oklahoma to a terrorist his knows in an attempt to defend his relationship. During last week's presidential debate between Obama and Hillary Clinton, Obama was asked a question about his friendship with William Ayers, a member of a group responsible for bombing government buildings. Obama explained that his friendship with Ayers shouldn't be construed as implying he endorsed the terrorist-like tactics Ayers used to drive home his political point. Then, the Illinois senator brought up a pro-life colleague to apparently make the point that he's friends with other people who take "extreme" positions or would use terrorist tactics. "The fact is, is that I'm also friendly with Tom Coburn, one of the most conservative Republicans in the United States Senate, who during his campaign once said that it might be appropriate to apply the death penalty to those who carried out abortions," Obama said. "Do I need to apologize for Mr. Coburn's statements? Because I certainly don't agree with those either," he added. On Friday, Coburn told The Hill, a Congressional newspaper, that he thinks Obama made a mistake in comparing his pro-life views with a terrorist and that it was "absolutely not" a fair comparison. Coburn said he still considers Obama "one of my friends, and we've talked." "Everybody makes gaffes. Period," he added.
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/nat3894.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Apr, 2008 - 12:26pm / Post ID: #

Barack Obama - Page 10

Obama 'angry' at pastor comments

US presidential hopeful Barack Obama denounces comments made by his former pastor, Rev Jeremiah Wright.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/a...cas/7374353.stm

Post Date: 30th Apr, 2008 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

Barack Obama
A Friend

Barack Obama Politics Business Civil & History - Page 10

I seem to notice that one week he backs his ex-pastor and then the pastor says something and all of a sudden he backs away from him again. I believe this wishy washiness that he is currently showing is enough to make me not want to vote for him ever.

> TOPIC: Barack Obama

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,