Lewis Scooter Libby

Lewis Scooter Libby - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th Jan, 2007 - 2:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Not higher than the law?
Post Date: 28th Oct, 2005 - 9:13pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Lewis Scooter Libby

Breaking News

Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Vice President Cheney's chief of staff, indicted by grand jury on charges of obstruction of justice, making false statements and perjury in CIA leak probe.
Ref. CNN.com

Sponsored Links:
8th Nov, 2005 - 4:53am / Post ID: #

Libby Scooter Lewis

What I want to see is how far will it go, will he involve others or will he sink as a loan man on a ship? It will probably take a long time to know, but I am impressed at how many people have so far taken the fall willingly in the Bush Administration.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3229 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

8th Nov, 2005 - 8:35am / Post ID: #

Lewis Scooter Libby History & Civil Business Politics

If Libby goes down surely Cheney must go down with him. I fail to see how Cheney could not have known about this. This investigation has to go to the top. It would be criminal if they stop at the Libby.

I would also like to see how deep Karl Rove's involvement is in this scandal. There was talk he might resign.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

8th Nov, 2005 - 12:39pm / Post ID: #

Libby Scooter Lewis

The thing is, there was no CRIME! Yes, Mr. Libby was indicted for perjury, which, if convicted of will send him to prison, rightfully. However, there was no crime for which the "scandal" was created! How can Mr. Cheney or Mr. Rove be brought down, if they did nothing wrong?

The whole "scandal" is a creation of the news media and the Democrats as a way of avoiding the very real questions about Joe Wilson's lies and distortions.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

11th Nov, 2005 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #

Libby Scooter Lewis

Mr. Libby was indicted for perjury, which, if convicted of will send him to prison, rightfully

In my country perjury is a CRIME. I'm not sure if that is the case in the US, maybe it isn't. But in most democracies I know, perjury is a crime.

If Libby is convicted of a crime, how on earth can Cheney escape the investigation, if nothing else. It would take an extremely disjointed and corrupt administration if a chief of staff could commit a crime without their superiors knowing nothing about it.

I'm not for one second accusing Rove or Cheney of committing any crime, but surely they must be investigated if Libby is convicted. Isn't this just a due and thorough process that should happen?

Find me one lie Joe Wilson made, and prove it. You can't, because he went to Niger and proved the documents were forged about importing uranium. Can you prove to me Iraq imported uranium to Niger? If you can, please enlighten me and the rest of the world. Joe made his concerns private until the Bush administration lied to the rest of the world about these bogus claims. It's only then he spoke out. And after he did he was discredited by the administration, just like everyone else who spoke out.

This whole scandal has nothing to do with the republican party. The rest of the world doesn't care about your partisan politics. We care about the truth and the evidence needed to justify an illegal invasion, which your country has still not justified. I personally don't care about the Democrats, I'm certain they are just as corrupt, but this is an international issue.

So prove it to the world Nighthawk.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

11th Nov, 2005 - 3:09pm / Post ID: #

Lewis Scooter Libby

QUOTE (arvhic @ 11-Nov 05, 10:01 AM)
In my country perjury is a CRIME. I'm not sure if that is the case in the US, maybe it isn't. But in most democracies I know, perjury is a crime.

If Libby is convicted of a crime, how on earth can Cheney escape the investigation, if nothing else. It would take an extremely disjointed and corrupt administration if a chief of staff could commit a crime without their superiors knowing nothing about it.

Yes, perjury is a crime, as I pointed out. If Libby is convicted of that crime (he is indicted for it now, not convicted), then he should go to prison. That is the ONLY crime that has been identified from the whole investigation. Rove and Cheney have ALREADY BEEN INVESTIGATED. What more do you want?

Most obvious lie from Joe Wilson - that his wife (supposedly undercover) had nothing to do with his trip to Niger. Read this:
https://www.aim.org/media_monitor/3879_0_2_0_C/

She wasn't undercover, there was not any crime having to do with her identity being exposed, and Joe Wilson was the first to expose her anyway.

Here is another one:
https://www.nationalreview.com/may/may200407121105.asp
(Of course, since this comes from a conservative source, I expect you to disregard it.)
In particular he said that President Bush was lying when, in his 2003 State of the Union address, he pronounced these words: "The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa."

We now know for certain that Wilson was wrong and that Bush's statement was entirely accurate.

The British have consistently stood by that conclusion. In September 2003, an independent British parliamentary committee looked into the matter and determined that the claim made by British intelligence was "reasonable" (the media forgot to cover that one too). Indeed, Britain's spies stand by their claim to this day. Interestingly, French intelligence also reported an Iraqi attempt to procure uranium from Niger.

LIE

But that's not all. The Butler report, yet another British government inquiry, also is expected to conclude this week that British intelligence was correct to say that Saddam sought uranium from Niger.

And in recent days, the Financial Times has reported that illicit sales of uranium from Niger were indeed being negotiated with Iraq, as well as with four other states.

According to the FT: "European intelligence officers have now revealed that three years before the fake documents became public, human and electronic intelligence sources from a number of countries picked up repeated discussion of an illicit trade in uranium from Niger. One of the customers discussed by the traders was Iraq."

Oops. I guess that Joe Wilson's 8 days in Niger, drinking and partying was much more exhaustive than all the European intelligence work of several years.

What it comes down to is that Joe Wilson was on a distinct mission to discredit President Bush. It worked. You believe him, despite the evidence to the contrary.

Good job.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Nov, 2005 - 9:57am / Post ID: #

Lewis Scooter Libby

Most obvious lie from Joe Wilson - that his wife (supposedly undercover) had nothing to do with his trip to Niger. Read this:
https://www.aim.org/media_monitor/3879_0_2_0_C/

Nighthawk, the person who wrote this "COMMENT" piece is a conservative columnist. This is not even a news report, it is pure comment. Mr Kincaid consistently passes off his opinion as fact without any proof. He has not even interviewed Mr Wilson, his wife, or anyone to substantiate his claims or attempt to provide any balance. In fact he hasn't interviewed anyone at all?

How on earth can you expect a trained journalist to believe an opinion when it has obviously been coloured with political slant and is so poorly structured?

I'm not at all suggesting people with a political alignment shouldn't have their say, but you are telling me that Mr Wilson lied and revealed his wife's identity using this opinion as evidence. I'm sorry mate, I don't buy propaganda regardless of which side of the fence it comes from. The fact that it is on a website called "accuracy in the media" is gross hypocrisy.

If Rove and Cheney have been investigated and cleared by an independent investigation then so be it, they should be allowed to move on. I wasn't aware that was the case.

If you want to discover why these claims of uranium from Niger are forgeries and where they came from, I urge you to read this transcript from an independent TV report from SBS's Dateline program. It also interviews Mr Wilson.

https://news.sbs.com.au/dateline/index.php?page=archive&artmon=11&fyear=2005#
Then click on "The Plame game"

There is overwhelming evidence Saddam was not seeking Uranium from Niger and that both the British and US Governments knew this was dodgy intelligence before Bush made his State of the Union address. That is the real issue here. Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz and Bush have all concede there was no threat of WMDs so why is this still an argument?

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2007 - 2:29am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Lewis Scooter Libby Politics Business Civil & History

Lewis "Scooter" Libby

As CIA Leak Trial Begins, Inside the Case Against Ex-Cheney Chief of Staff Lewis "Scooter" Libby

Jury selection for the trial of Vice President Dick Cheney's former chief of staff has begun. Lewis "Scooter" Libby faces five counts of lying to federal investigators, perjury, and obstruction of justice. He is accused of lying to investigators and a grand jury during the investigation of the outing of CIA operative Valerie Plame. We speak with veteran investigative journalist Murray Waas.
Ref. https://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=07/01/17/1541219

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Lewis Scooter Libby

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,