Teacher Reassigned For Anatomy Drawings

Teacher Reassigned Anatomy Drawings - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 31st Jan, 2007 - 3:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Make sure you know what the teacher at school is teaching your child.
Post Date: 27th Jan, 2007 - 11:41pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Teacher reassigned for anatomy drawings

A teacher has been barred from classes after having his seventh-grade students draw male genitalia on the blackboard during health class, a school spokeswoman said Friday.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070127/ap_on_.../anatomy_lesson

Sponsored Links:
29th Jan, 2007 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

Drawings Anatomy Reassigned Teacher

My honest opinion of this one, is that it's a bit inappropriate to be asking any school aged pupils to be drawing this on the board in front of other pupils. It's not that I'm being prudish, but I really can't see why any teacher would have to do this?

Send round an age appropriate diagram by all means, so long as it is totally in relation to the subject being taught, but the case here, really sounds to me a little bit suspect.

30th Jan, 2007 - 1:19am / Post ID: #

Teacher Reassigned For Anatomy Drawings UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

QUOTE (DianeC)
...but I really can't see why any teacher would have to do this?

Did someone say "Pedophile"? That is how they usually start... getting the children curious about something some of them (girls especially) have never seen and then take it from there - sicko.

30th Jan, 2007 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

Agreed JB this teacher is in need of some help quick! Fired and his name black listed for any volunteer work with minors. I think also dividing the group into male and female with the same sex teacher for the topic would have been an idea. Just to put students at ease.

30th Jan, 2007 - 10:00pm / Post ID: #

I feel bad for how embarrassed some of the little girls must have been. My group of girls in Church are this age, and I can imagine how they would react under similar conditions, especially with male peers "teaching" the information. This is inappropriate information, even for anatomy or sex education. I completely agree that the subject of sex education should be taught by same sex teachers, at least at this age.

31st Jan, 2007 - 3:02am / Post ID: #

When I was a kid, we had sexual education starting at 5th grade. It was new and a very enlightened teaching back in that day according to educators. We had some form of it in nearly every grade after that (health class, biology and social studies) initial dipping into the subject. All I can tell you from my experience is that it cleared up nothing for me and by the time 7th grade came around, we all pretty much new what naked women and naked men looked like. In talking to my sister, who has 4 children and 3 of which are above or at this age, there has been little advancement into the education of sex for children with the exception of throwing around condoms. As my sister says the class is about like this: Ummm...this is what boys look like....this is what girls look like...this is what babies look like...(oh by the way girls, you can abort)...this is technically how a baby is made...if you do the things to make a baby, you can get diseases and here is what they look like...GOOD LUCK and here is your CONDOM...you have graduated!

If you are expecting your child to learn much of anything from that, good luck to you and your child. As uncomfortable as it is, this is best left up to most parents. However, there are some parents that are really bad at this discussion and perhaps this education is better than nothing. We are planning to have a few discussions with our children.

As for this guy, wow, he should go back to the dealership for a replacement of his "correctness compass". Firing him immediately is actually the easy way to go about this and probably too easy. I would recommend that he stand up in front of the school board and present his case and answer questions. Since many school boards have open meetings, I think this would be a great opportunity for the community to ask a few as well. More importantly, I would recommend that the school board take careful notes on why this guy thought this was appropriate lesson planning. Take notes and issue a very clear and concise explanation to the other teachers of the district on what is OK and what is not OK. In my opinion, the board needs to do a better job of defining acceptable conduct of teachers instead of being surprised by poor conduct and taking the easy way out and firing the teacher. Actually, IMO, a few of the board should be let go as well if this guy with no learnings by the school board. And this is not just for sexual education, it goes for any subject being taught...what is it we expect from the behavior of our teachers.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Jan, 2007 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

Teacher Reassigned Anatomy Drawings

The Topic of Sex Education can be found here.

> TOPIC: Teacher Reassigned For Anatomy Drawings

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,