Demographic Crisis Facing Developed Nations.

Demographic Crisis Facing Developed Nations - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 7th Jul, 2009 - 2:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th Jan, 2007 - 8:48am / Post ID: #

Here are some interesting articles dealing with the demographic situation in Europe and other countries (including the USA).

It appears that the population "explosion" has been replaced with a population implosion that threatens western economies and even their very survival. Now it seems that even paying women to have kids isn't enough to maintain the population..

Materialism may indeed do to the west what plagues, wars and the like couldn't do -- cause it to fade away into history.

Reconcile Message Edited...
JB: Links removed. They are too diverse and does no one any good, probably it is also the reason why no one has tackled this Topic yet. Try using a better subject / focus and add only a link or two as a source.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 2 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.2%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Feb, 2007 - 6:52am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Nations Developed Facing Crisis Demographic

I think the problem he is referring to is our aging world population. The median age has gone from twenty something to nearly forty because people have not been having children to replace themselves. More people are dying than are being born nearly every year for twelve years. Here is a great article on the subject.

https://www.junkscience.com/news/eberstad.html

This kind of thing happens in history. We had the baby boom, now the after math of the boom is to have the population settle back into the numbers previously averaged before the baby boomers. Things will settle back into a lower median average in a generation or so, but the number of people will be lower. But to get there, we will have more people dying than being born.

5th Feb, 2007 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

Demographic Crisis Facing Developed Nations. History & Civil Business Politics

In fact, this is a direct result of the old "Zero Population" campaign from back in the 70s and 80s. I remember very well that it was a point of great debate in those days, with Christian and Catholic families being attacked for having "too many" children. The threat of overcrowding of the globe was just as big an argument as global warming is today.
https://www.zpg.org/

After a year of careful review and consideration, the Board of Directors of Zero Population Growth on February 2, 2002 voted unanimously to change the name of our organization to Population Connection, effective May 1, 2002.

As board members, we volunteer our time, energy, and support because we share with ZPG's 70,000 members a deep and abiding concern about the critical need for population stabilization. We want people everywhere to join our cause so that, together, we can make the world better, safer, and less-crowded. We are changing our name, but our mission remains exactly the same.

There is a clear connection between population growth and virtually every challenge facing our planet. As the leading grassroots population organization, ZPG has been the "population connection" for 34 years. By changing our name to Population Connection, we hope to rally even more support for the kind of education and action that can - and must - change the world.

Well, they have changed the world, in my opinion. Look at the demographics, now: everyone's worried about not *enough* children. Now they are changing their name to something less controversial to protect their organization from being disbanded. And, in fact they are now jumping on the global warming bandwagon and how it applies to overpopulation. Very interesting.

In addition, here is a link to a 2001 CIA report about world demographics, and the impacts going forward. It's very, very interesting, and worth reading the 100 or so pages, in my opinion.
https://www.odci.gov/cia/reports/Demo_Trends_For_Web.pdf

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

14th Jun, 2008 - 5:09am / Post ID: #

https://vhemt.org/aboutvhemt.htm#vhemt
Another organization dedicated to zero population growth - VHEMT (they pronounce it "vehement"), or the "Voluntary Human Extinction Movement." In this chatty, witty little website is more viciousness and vindictiveness I've seen in a long time. Thinly veiled insults to the world at large:

In the end, the real "enemies" are human greed, ignorance, and oppression.
You won't be alone. When people gain the VHEMT perspective, they decide to add no more to the existing human family. They don't pressure their children to give them grandchildren and might encourage them to make a responsible choice with their fertility.
Besides, returning Earth to its natural splendor and ending needless suffering of humanity are happy thoughts -- no sense moping around in gloom and doom.
People who breed need help, not criticism. Intentional breeding shows a need for help in taking responsibility and in getting beyond denial.
No matter what directions we take to help Earth's biosphere, phasing out humans will greatly increase our chances for success. In fact, solving ANY problem on Earth is impossible in the long run without a reduction in our numbers.

Cloaked in "love and logic," these folks want to return the earth to its "natural" state of non-human habitation. Let the animals and the bugs have it back, so that humans won't be driving them all to extinction. They talk about ending human suffering, by ending human existence through a major die-off.

If we don't have any more babies, no more babies will suffer. It's all just so... reasonable, isn't it?

It's sick, in my opinion.

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 14th Jun, 2008 - 5:13am

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2008 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What I find interesting about some of these groups is they want to end the humans who are not part of them on this planet. They still want to be part of the planet and still be here. So I think a lot of them are going against what they preach. I know the planet seems to go through cycles. I believe that there is going to be a large dying off of species so others can rise up. It is just going to be interesting if humans survive this.

7th Jul, 2009 - 5:45am / Post ID: #

Here's the problem, in my opinion: Only these Western-oriented groups are calling for zero population. The Muslims are happily breeding the rest of the world out of existence.

Muammar al-Gaddafi says:

"...Allah will grant victory to Islam in Europe without swords, without guns, without conquest.  We don't need terrorists; we don't need homicide bombers. The 50+ million muslims in Europe will turn it into a muslim continent within a few decades."

This video will open your eyes!

Source 4

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 7th Jul, 2009 - 5:47am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Jul, 2009 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

They say the Muslims are the fastest growing group and religion. If they keep growing in numbers like they are now we may see a Europe that is totally converted.

> TOPIC: Demographic Crisis Facing Developed Nations.

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,