World Chili Eating Record

World Chili Eating Record - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 6th Feb, 2007 - 3:39am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 4th Feb, 2007 - 11:32am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mexican seeks world chili eating record

MEXICO CITY - For most people, even the smallest bite of a raw chili pepper means a flushed face and a rush for a gulp of water. But Manuel Quiroz can guzzle down dozens of Mexico's spiciest chilies, rub them on his skin and even squeeze their juice into his eyes without so much as blinking.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070204/ap_on_...ico_chili_eater

Sponsored Links:
4th Feb, 2007 - 10:10pm / Post ID: #

Record Eating Chili World

There must be something wrong with this man's body, if he can do all that without it affecting him at all.
I remember once just a slightest bit of a chilli splashed into my eye, and boy did it sting!
Good on him for being able to be the champion, but I certainly wouldn't like to have to eat all that! laugh.gif

6th Feb, 2007 - 3:08am / Post ID: #

World Chili Eating Record UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I once did a cartoon about chili. These fellows were down in hell and at the dinner table this one fellow says, "BOY THEY SURE MAKE THE BEST CHILI", so perhaps that fellow is preparing his stomach.

They had on the radio this one place in lower California this place has to have you sign a waver to eat their chili, and so far one one was able to, and he ended up in a hospital afterwards.

6th Feb, 2007 - 3:17am / Post ID: #

QUOTE (From First Post)
...even squeeze their juice into his eyes without so much as blinking.

spock.gif Does anyone check this guy for drug intake before trying for this record?

6th Feb, 2007 - 3:26am / Post ID: #

Either he's on drugs or he's got to have some kind of medical condition that prevents him from feeling pain. Kind of sick, isn't it?

Yes, Diane, I have done that same thing, or forgotten that I have chili juice on my hands and accidentally rubbed an eye --- Yowch! That doesn't just sting, it burns deep. My eye was red for days afterward.

6th Feb, 2007 - 3:39am / Post ID: #

Now this guy is a totally extreme case, but your body can and does build up a tolerance to the substance that causes the burning sensation. My wife, who is Korean, tells me when she was small her family used to have the kids eat chillies and when they complained that they were too hot, the family would just tell them to stop being babies and eat up. She said that this was basically how all Korean children get indoctrinated into hot food eating...they don't come out of the womb craving for a spicy green pepper with spicy red pepper paste! Today, she can and does take a tablespoon of habanero pepper sauce and just swallow it with no problem and says it is sweet...YEAH RIGHT...SWEET!

I can honestly tell you that my capacity for hot food has gone up about 1000%, since I married my wife and spent a lot of time in Asia.

With all that said, what I can't get around is his putting the juice in his eyes. Tears are ph balanced and things that aren't in tune with that ph are rejected by more tears. How on earth could that guy get used to that sensation and how can he still actually see? Pepper spray would be a appetizer for this guy!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: World Chili Eating Record

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,