John Edwards

John Edwards - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 15th May, 2008 - 12:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
John Edwards Quotes
USA As President of the USA
5th Feb, 2007 - 10:23am / Post ID: #

John Edwards

Edwards has chosen a interesting topic to take a early and potentially costly side on in his bid for the presidency.

Looks like he will tax the rich and give to the poor or at least the unhealthy. While I disagree with increasing taxes as being the only way to pay for things, at least he is sticking his neck out and taking a stance on a issue. Hopefully, this is a change from past campaigns that will continue with all the contenders through the primaries to the election.
Read More...

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Sponsored Links:
5th Feb, 2007 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

Edwards John

It's an interesting platform to stand on. Edwards was John Kerry's running mate for the 2004 election, and I don't have any fond memories of him from that. Personally, I don't think he's got enough experience to handle the presidency.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 5th Mar, 2007 - 9:56pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

John Edwards History & Civil Business Politics

COULTER UNDER FIRE FOR ANTI-GAY SLUR

Prominent politicians from both parties and a gay-rights group on Saturday condemned right-wing commentator Ann Coulter for her reference Friday to Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards as a "faggot."
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/03/04/cou...ards/index.html

Post Date: 23rd Mar, 2007 - 1:14am / Post ID: #

Edwards John

Still In The Race

Former Sen. John Edwards today announced he will continue his Democratic presidential campaign even though his wife Elizabeth's cancer has returned.
Ref. CNN

24th Mar, 2007 - 4:32am / Post ID: #

Edwards John

This has to be a very difficult situation for both Edwards and his wife. Knowing that her cancer is incurable, and that her condition may worsen as she undergoes treatment, and yet continue to campaign and be away from home for longer and longer periods of time... and don't they have small children as well? I don't see how he can concentrate on his campaign and fundraising with all that on his mind. A lot of "what if?" scenarios come to mind... I wish them well.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2007 - 10:50am / Post ID: #

John Edwards

John Edwards: Pro-Choice on Abortion, But Anti-Choice on Health Care

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards is coming under fire for his hypocritical position when it comes to abortion and health care. Edwards, as is the case with the other Democratic presidential candidates, is pro-abortion. Yet, he recently indicated he is clearly anti-choice when it comes to national health care. Edwards has proposed a mandatory health care plan that pro-life advocates are concerned could lead to abortion or assisted suicide covered under it. "I'm mandating healthcare for every man woman and child in America and that's the only way to have real universal healthcare," he said at a town hall forum in New Hampshire on Monday. "Every time you go into contact with the health care system or the government you will be signed up," he added. In what several political observers have pointed out as hypocritical, Edwards explained Americans will not be able to choose their own health care plan. When asked by a reporter if an individual decided they didn't want healthcare Edwards quickly responded, "You don't get that choice." Yet choice is the main component of Edwards' position on abortion.
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/nat3491.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Jan, 2008 - 4:03pm / Post ID: #

John Edwards

John Edwards Quits

John Edwards is ending his campaign to be the Democrats' canidate for US president, his aides confirm.
Ref. BBC

15th May, 2008 - 12:29am / Post ID: #

John Edwards Politics Business Civil & History

I wonder what made him decide to seriously throw his support behind Obama? Vice President? Something else? I saw his Endorsement Speech and he was all praise for Obama.

Edwards' Endorsement

Former Sen. John Edwards endorsed Sen. Barack Obama for the Democratic presidential nomination this evening, a day after Obama's massive defeat in West Virginia. Edwards had remained neutral since his own campaign for the presidency ended Jan. 30. Could the coveted Edwards stamp of approval help Obama finally clinch the nomination?
REf. ABC Nightline

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: John Edwards

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,