Picture Smoking Warnings

Picture Smoking Warnings - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 6th Feb, 2007 - 10:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 6th Feb, 2007 - 11:58am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Picture Smoking Warnings

Picture smoking warnings 'best'

Pictorial health warning on cigarette packets are more likely to encourage smokers to quit, a study says.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/-/1/Hi/health/6333191.stm

Sponsored Links:
6th Feb, 2007 - 6:56pm / Post ID: #

Warnings Smoking Picture

Might just be me but I was unable to follow your link though the page.

I hope this link helps.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/Hi/health/6333191.stm .

In Canada we have had this for a few years now 1999 or 2000 not sure.

Here is some results from a survey done in 2001.

https://archives.cnn.com/2002/HEALTH/01/09/...ian.cigarettes/

They are scary warnings and fear motivates!

6th Feb, 2007 - 10:21pm / Post ID: #

Picture Smoking Warnings Health & Special Psychology

I think that it's a good idea, and if it only saves a few people from having their lives cut short then it's got to be worth trying (in my opinion)

Of course there are always going to be those who don't care what you throw in front of them, nobody is going to convince them to quit smoking. A prime example of this will probably be seen at your local hospice/cancer treatment unit,(I know that this happens at ours) and see how many spouse/partners nip outside for a quick cigarette despite watching their loved one lying inside dying a horrible death. If this isn't enough to get some people stop smoking, sadly I believe that nothing will!

> TOPIC: Picture Smoking Warnings

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,