Books About Autism

Books Autism - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 24th Feb, 2007 - 12:49am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2007 - 1:18pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Books About Autism

Books About Autism

Experts estimate that one out of every 150 children is somewhere on the autism spectrum. Some autistic people are so disabled they can't live independently. Others publish books, marry and appear on TV. Yet they are all considered autistic. How is this possible?

USA TODAY critic Deirdre Donahue examines five new books that deal with this bewildering disorder.

Autism Related Books

Unstrange Minds: Remapping the World of Autism

George & Sam: Two Boys, One Family, and Autism

Born on a Blue Day: Inside the Extraordinary Mind of an Autistic Savant

Strange Son: Two Mothers, Two Sons, and the Quest to Unlock the Hidden World of Autism

Mozart and the Whale: An Asperger's Love Story

Sponsored Links:
24th Feb, 2007 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

Autism Books

I for one am grateful for the listing of these 5 books. It can be so hard trying to find something that covers exactly what you are looking for, and I shall certainly try to track them down!
The problem with Autistic spectrum disorders as already pointed out, is that there doesn't seem to be 2 cases quite the same, and I would imagine that this is what prevents a lot of the time a diagnosis being made (or at least an accurate one)
Having said that, recently there seems to have been a lot of 'new leads' discovered on Autism, and hopefully the good break throughs will continue!

> TOPIC: Books About Autism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,