Nursing Homes In England

Nursing Homes England - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 12th Feb, 2007 - 11:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Torture and Abuse
Post Date: 12th Feb, 2007 - 11:53am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Nursing Homes In England

Nursing Homes in England

Older people were put at risk in two substandard nursing homes, according to the regulator for homes in England. A whistleblower who worked at Laurel Bank Home in Halifax, has told Panorama of the "mental torture" and "abuse" of residents she witnessed.
Ref. BBC News.

Sponsored Links:
12th Feb, 2007 - 11:09pm / Post ID: #

England Homes Nursing

Nursing homes are regularly inspected in the UK, and whilst I'm not saying that abuse doesn't occur, I know that it is happening less frequently than say 20 years ago. This doesn't make it right for the few that 'slip through the net', and I feel very sorry for the vulnerable victims of this type of abuse who cannot fight against the bullies.

Unfortunately the main way that people get away with this, is by other like minded people working together, and families who don't visit and so are not aware of how their relative is being treated.

It's very sad that so many old people end their lives frightened and abused, with nobody to protect them.

> TOPIC: Nursing Homes In England

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,