After An Hour With You

After Hour You - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 21st Mar, 2007 - 8:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 24th Aug, 2006 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

After An Hour With You

After An Hour With You

If I were in a waiting room, and you were there too, what would I think about you after one hour?

Sponsored Links:
25th Aug, 2006 - 12:21am / Post ID: #

You Hour After

I'm sure most people will find that one of the toughest questions ever, because try as you might, it is almost impossible to see yourself from the outside. Then, if you could even get close, you have no idea how others perceive you. They look at you through a glass colored by their own past. When I strike up a conversation I try to get the other person talking about themselves. Then if I comment, I watch their face and listen to what their reply is to have some idea how I am being perceived.

25th Aug, 2006 - 12:32am / Post ID: #

After An Hour With You Health & Special Psychology

Mousetrails, you answered everything there but the question.

For me I believe it will be based on my mood. Being in one place for an hour is a long time and if I am angry about the wait I may puff a bit or sigh to show my dissatisfaction to the secretary or whomever is there thus giving the impression I am impulsive, impatient or even aggressive.

Sometimes I will comment on a few things within the immediate environment to strike up some reactions in others, BUT most times the person will think: This guy certainly is quiet and serious, he seems to like to read a lot (I usually find something to read when waiting long).

Offtopic but,
Everyone tells me that I am extremely serious and almost unapproachable.

25th Aug, 2006 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

You Hour After

I will not be the one to strike up a conversation. I will read, perhaps even bringing my own reading material. If you strike up a conversation, I will be friendly and engage in conversation, unless it get too weird. If your conversation is too strange or offensive, I will smile slightly and look to be very interested in what I am reading. If I disagree with you, you will not know it. You will think I am a loner and don't care about meeting new people. You will think I am middle or lower class because of the very casual way I dress.

Offtopic but,
Mousetrails, I agree that it is very hard to perceive what others think of us.

17th Jan, 2007 - 7:06am / Post ID: #

You Hour After

I would think if one of us was to strike up a conversation for an hour I believe that we would become friends and depending on what we were talking about you and I would be laughing or just nothing. It just depends on the situation and mind frame.

18th Jan, 2007 - 6:55am / Post ID: #

After An Hour With You

Sitting in a waiting room is one of my most hated things to do. I bring a book or something else to read if I know about the wait in advance, or I read the magazines there if I'm taken by surprise. (My favorite for reading in waiting rooms is Architectural Digest, by the way.) I will very rarely engage in conversation with strangers in these places. If someone speaks to me, I smile and nod and then very intently READ.

So, after an hour, you would probably think either that I was a snob, or socially inept. wink.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Jan, 2007 - 12:36pm / Post ID: #

After Hour You

It all depends on my mood and who is in the room. Sometimes I am very serious and just read, other times if a stranger (again depending who it is) engage me in conversation I would talk with no problems but I usually stay quiet and wait for my turn.

Well, the impression people would have about me here in Trinidad is simply "She is a foreigner". laugh.gif

21st Mar, 2007 - 8:22pm / Post ID: #

After Hour You Psychology Special & Health

Latina if you and I were in a waiting room together for one hour, I think you would conclude that I am a snob. Why? Well first of all, I do not enjoy "sitting down and waiting" because I always feel that my time could be spent doing something else more productive. In a waiting room, I am usually very quiet and people may misconstrue this as reluctance to socialize or simply being rude, especially when I answer their questions in monosyllables. Then again, as LDS mentioned, it may depend on my mood too.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: After An Hour With You

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,