Teacher Allegedly Cuts Boy's Tongue

Teacher Allegedly Cuts Boy' S Tongue - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 3rd Mar, 2007 - 12:15am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

7 years old boy needed 6 stitches
2nd Mar, 2007 - 1:06am / Post ID: #

Teacher Allegedly Cuts Boy's Tongue

Oh, you are talking too much? Let me get my scissors and cut your tongue! rolleyes.gif

Some people just need to be OUT of the Education System!

ROME (AP) - A novice teacher in Milan is under criminal investigation for allegedly using scissors to cut the tongue of a second-grader for talking in class, Italian news agencies said Thursday. The 7-year-old boy, who has not been publicly identified, needed six stitches in his tongue from the Feb. 20 incident, said Piero Porciani, a lawyer for the child's parents, a Tunisian couple.

The teacher, 22, was being investigated for suspected voluntary harm of the boy, the ANSA news agency said.

The office of Milan prosecutor Marco Ghezzi said he wasn't there and couldn't give out any information about an investigation.

Porciani told The Associated Press by telephone from Milan that the teacher has been suspended from the school while the incident is investigated.

The mother has said in TV interviews that her son is exhibiting a fear of knives in the kitchen after his tongue was cut.

"He's not eating, he's not sleeping, he doesn't want to go school. He cries a lot because of the pain," Porciani said.

Italian news reports said the teacher, who was assisting the main instructor, repeatedly asked the child to be quiet when her colleague left the classroom briefly.

When the boy continued to talk and move about the classroom, the teacher allegedly told the child she would take scissors to his tongue, then told him to stick out his tongue when he refused to quiet down.

Sponsored Links:
2nd Mar, 2007 - 1:49am / Post ID: #

Tongue Boys Cuts Allegedly Teacher

I have heard of punishment in schools. Catholic Schools were well known for it when I was growing up. The nuns would take rulers and smack your hands if you acted up in class. Of couse, the interesting part here is that this punishment never seemed to require stitches afterwards.

My wife said that teachers in her early years would make students that acted up hold their hands straight up in the air...for a LONG time. As they got stronger, she said that they might have to hold their chair up over their heads....for a LONG time. Interesting that she never mentioned anyone needed hospital care.

What goes on in an educators mind to make them think that this is appropriate? Someone obviously wired that system incorrectly! Hopefully, the closest she gets to kids after this is perhaps a cafeteria worker, but I would be concerned even letting her around the food that went into the kids mouths after this incident.

2nd Mar, 2007 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

Teacher Allegedly Cuts Boy's Tongue UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

My wife said that teachers in her early years would make students that acted up hold their hands straight up in the air...for a LONG time

I used this method with a couple of wild teens or I made them to stand up for a long time (teens hate it) but it worked.

Now we are talking about a seven years old kid here! This is beyond me, what was she thinking?

3rd Mar, 2007 - 12:15am / Post ID: #

Tongue Boys Cuts Allegedly Teacher

It's bad enough to use the threat against a 7 year old boy, but you don't actually expect a teacher to carry it out and actually inflict an injury by cutting his tongue!
It's no wonder at all that this little boy isn't sleeping or eating, and it's very clear why he doesn't want to attend school!
I hope he can get help, to assist him through this nightmare, though really I don't know whether he will ever fully get over a shock like this!
It's really terrible, and I feel so sorry for him. I hope it doesn't make him stop talking altogether, that would be awful.

> TOPIC: Teacher Allegedly Cuts Boy's Tongue

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,