Not Paying Attention

Not Paying Attention - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 7th Mar, 2007 - 1:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2007 - 11:57am / Post ID: #

Not Paying Attention

Not Paying Attention

If hyperactive forms of behavior are not disrupting Johnny, I may notice other interferences to his work production including daydreaming, visual distractibility, staring into space, socializing with neighbors, playing with work materials, or engaging in other work related activities other than the assigned task.

Ref. https://www.internationaldiscussions.org/ar...in-a233478.html

Sponsored Links:
7th Mar, 2007 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #

Attention Paying Not

From the article:

If hyperactive forms of behavior are not disrupting Johnny, I may notice other interferences to his work production including daydreaming, visual distractibility, staring into space, socializing with neighbors, playing with work materials, or engaging in other work related activities other than the assigned task. Although the majority of these behaviors are often described as "un-focused" behavior, only a few are generally judged to be related to the attention deficits observed in ADHD. If Johnny is "zoning out" and daydreaming, there is a greater possibility of an attention deficit interference. Daydreaming could also be observed as falling into an ADHD consideration.

Daydreaming is a big factor with children with ADD/ADHD. My son daydreams constantly, that's why as the article states, these kids need special teaching techniques that will help them focus. In the case of Felipe, is visual aids and the computer. He has tons of books but when is time to read, he relays on books we find online that make sounds or they are animated. He tends to assimilate and remember more these type of books than the ones we have on the shelves. Kids with ADD/ADHD can excel in academics if their teachers use the right teaching techniques.

> TOPIC: Not Paying Attention

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,