The Departed

The Departed - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 3rd Aug, 2007 - 1:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Top  The Departed 2006
Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2007 - 5:44am / Post ID: #

The Departed

The Departed

What is your view on the film 'The Departed'?

Plot: Two men from opposite sides of the law are undercover within the Massachusetts State Police and the Irish mafia, but violence and bloodshed boil when discoveries are made, and the moles are dispatched to find out their enemy's identities.

The Departed
The Departed (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
5th Apr, 2007 - 2:07am / Post ID: #

Departed The

A lot of swearing and violence that really was not needed. During some parts of the film I lost interest a bit and then got it back. I think it was unnecessarily long despite a magnificent cast that played their parts well. The interesting thing about this film is that you are made to know the characters and their intentions from the beginning unlike other films where it is usually built as the movie progresses.

Rate: 1 starorange.gif' /><!--endemo--> </p><div> </div> </div>

<br>
<br>

<div style=

19th Apr, 2007 - 10:00pm / Post ID: #

The Departed Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Great cast, terrific performances, but a lot of indulgent and gratuitous profanity - and such a dark, dark story. Through the whole thing, I'm hoping for redemption somewhere, but the end is just as dark as the beginning.

It seemed also a vehicle for Jack Nicholson to show how wacky he's getting in his old age. I also found it interesting that Nicholson's name was third on the "starring" list of characters!

19th Apr, 2007 - 10:49pm / Post ID: #

Departed The

Well, although Jack is popular, I do not think he was not meant to be the central theme... although it does appear to be that way. That may the reason for his third place position.

Regarding Nicholson and his maddening grin I find that he seems to act the same way in every movie. I personally do not like him, but he does suit this role very well. Actually, his character here and the 'Joker' does not seem to be far apart.

What rating did you give it FarSeer?

19th Apr, 2007 - 11:29pm / Post ID: #

Departed The

True, he was not supposed to be the main character, but usually the big-name stars expect the "treatment" regardless of their role.

The only movie I've seen where Jack Nicholson is someone other than Jack Nicholson was "As Good As It Gets."

Whoops! Forgot about the rating. For storyline, acting, and cinematography, I give it 3 starorange.gif' /><!--endemo-->  </p><div> </div> </div>

<br>
<br>

<div style=

20th Apr, 2007 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

The Departed

To show you how much thought went into this film did you know that...

QUOTE (Link from Latina)
The film's technical advisor was Thomas B. Duffy, a retired detective who worked out of Boston for nearly thirty years and specialized in organized crime. He was particularly involved in the case against notorious South Boston gangster Whitey Bulger, whom Jack Nicholson's Frank Costello is partly based on. Duffy appears as the official who delivers a speech to the graduating police cadets.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Aug, 2007 - 4:32am / Post ID: #

The Departed

Wow, there was a lot of profanity on this movie but the cast was excellent. Matt Damon was amazing (he is so "natural" at every role you put him) Leo Di Caprio was fantastic so was Nickolson. Many known actors were on this movie which made it very appealing. The story line was very dark, even until the last second. My rating is 2 starblue.gif' /><!--endemo--> for acting cast and performance. </p><div> </div> </div>

<br>
<br>

<div style=

3rd Aug, 2007 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

The Departed Movies Music Fashion & Sports

You gave it a high score. The amount of profanity was very distasteful for me. The need to make movies as 'real' as possible often takes away from what could have been a real classic in my opinion.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: The Departed

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,