Zodiac Signs / Predictions - Page 2 of 2

QUOTE (Granny7) "I believe that we have - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 9th Apr, 2007 - 6:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
How does that fit in with LDS Doctrine?
19th Dec, 2003 - 3:05am / Post ID: #

Zodiac Signs / Predictions - Page 2

You see zodiac names on belt buckles and bumper stickers and medallions. You hear horoscope hypes in the top ten records. Zodiac magazines, charms, earrings, bracelets, patches, potholders, license-plate holders, calendars, and other assorted rubble sell like never before. Alas, even seminary students seem to know "which sign they were born under."

So far, no problem. Everyone enjoys a harmless fad, if it doesn't go too far.

Unless. Unless you start to believe that it's something more than a fad.

taken from link supplied by LDS above:
Other great link:
https://library.lds.org/nxt/gateway.dll/Mag...ke%20cancer.htm

See now what I am saying is I know astrology isn't true, but i participate in the "harmless fad" of identifying myself as a gemini.

Of course, I suppose the danger is not everyone will know I don't believe it and there is that part about avoiding even the appearance of evil. Plus, if you expose yourself to it, you are leaving open a door of sorts for Satan to get his foot in.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 19th Dec, 2003 - 3:07am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Jan, 2004 - 2:46am / Post ID: #

Zodiac Signs / Predictions
A Friend

Predictions Signs Zodiac

Hi! I just read the notes in this thread. I have often pondered the ideas of horoscopes/astrology numerology etc. I believe that we have been told that no mortal on earth can predict the future. I do wonder though about the mysteries the stars hold. By this I mean that I feel there is significance to their order and placement. The traditions of many cultures describe the origin of the earth and man etc. They also include the origin of the stars, sun, moon and planets. This consistency throughout mankind leads me to wonder about the significance of the movements of these stars as well. There is great importance placed upon the appearance of a new star when Jesus was born. This star signaled his birth. It is often said that the wise men and the shepards found him by following this star. We use the stars etc. to guide us as a compass. I wonder if there is a higher level of understanding that we may one day achieve that will explain the importance of stars etc. and how to read the mysteries they hold.
I do not believe that we have even a microbe of the information that we will obtain as we progress through the phases of our existence. Just as the gospel was taught to man line upon line and precept upon precept I believe we will yet learn there are many depths of the understanding of each and every aspect or principle.
granny7

Post Date: 9th Apr, 2007 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

Zodiac Signs / Predictions
A Friend

Zodiac Signs / Predictions Studies Doctrine Mormon

QUOTE (Granny7)
"I believe that we have been told that no mortal on earth can predict the future."

Rather off topic, but...
One of the things I do like in our Church is that we do recognize premonitions, inspiration and warnings for ourselves, our family and our calling. We do call it listening to the spirit or inspiration. And we do listen to the advise of Modern day Prophets, Sears and Revelators! Did I misunderstand you?

Anyway going back to the Topic! I am a convert to the Church and was not raised in the Church. My grandmother was a very spiritual person, not a member of any domination, that actually was paranormally gifted and did predict future things for friends and family members. Most of the times this was done in council or advice.

I have often wondered how this did fit in my Mormon beliefs and I frankly have parked the topic for many years.

My grandmother died when I was about 12. I remember she was very well versed in the scriptures, studied a lot in them, was a very humble person and never boasted about her gifts and abilities. However she was dead on with all of her predictions and that was for me as a child very impressive.

She never claimed any praise for her abilities and always, always referred to Jesus Christ of her source of light.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please learn how to use the Quote / Offtopic Tags. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Zodiac Signs / Predictions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,