Faith In Something And Be Wrong

Faith Wrong - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 31st May, 2008 - 10:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

11th Apr, 2007 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

From an angle of the Philosopher... is it better to have Faith In Something And Be Wrong rather than have Faith in Nothing At All?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th May, 2008 - 10:05am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Wrong Be Something Faith

This may sound fairly nasty but faith is for those that need it.If you require something that in all actuality cannot be proved to be real then it is better to have faith no matter what it is because it promotes well being. But again if you are quite happy with the life you have and what you can sense then I'd say it's better to stick to what you know

Post Date: 31st May, 2008 - 10:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Faith In Something And Be Wrong Health & Special Psychology

is it better to have Faith In Something And Be Wrong rather than have Faith in Nothing At All?

The answer to this needs a definition of the word faith. Again the Merriam-Webster:
1 a: allegiance to duty or a person: loyalty b (1): fidelity to one's promises (2): sincerity of intentions
2 a (1): belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2): belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion
b (1): firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2): complete trust (3): something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially : a system of religious beliefs

Personally I take the word "faith" by the first and b(2): subset of definitions. Faith to me is allegiance to duty, fidelity to one's promises, sincerity of intentions, and complete trust "¦ in myself. To have faith in nothing at all is why some people live in the streets with their hand open on their lap, an empty gaze and careless of whether or not some charitable person will drop a dime in their grimy hand.

Too many people think faith has only the 2a(1) definition. But that is a very short sighted way of looking at the word faith. I would rather live in a world where people believed in a god, by whatever their definition of that was, even if there wasn't one than in a world where they did not, even if such an entity existed. Why? Because it makes them accountable. Humans have too great a propensity to look outside themselves for responsibility for their circumstances and conditions. We are all the gods of our own creation. The only entity responsible for the condition of my life is ME. Even my "faith in god" is my own choosing.

> TOPIC: Faith In Something And Be Wrong

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,