God's Toys

God' S Toys - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 21st Jul, 2007 - 5:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Religious Discussion is not normally had outside of the Religious section and this Thread is likewise following the same principle. The focus here is wether you would by such toys and if you think it is correct for them to be sold publicly rather than the religious significance itself.
Post Date: 20th Jul, 2007 - 11:23am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

God's Toys

God's Toys

Starting next month, more than 400 Wal-Mart stores will start stocking their shelves with faith-based toys. The toys, made by the company One2believe, will feature figures from Biblical stories such as Samson, Goliath and Daniel. There's also a 12-inch-tall talking Jesus. The idea behind it is to give children a faith alternative to action figures that have been so popular for many years. Religious products have become a multi-billion dollar industry since 9/11, and the makers of the toys are hoping their products will become the next successful part of that thriving market. Correspondent Miguel Marquez has our story.
Ref. ABC Nightline

Sponsored Links:
20th Jul, 2007 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

Toys Gods

I have mixing feelings feelings about these products. For one side I think is cute that children can also have "heroes" such as Daniel not like Goliath though....or having a talking Jesus (sound a bit sacrilegious to me). I am rather surprised that Walmart would sell such products.

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2007 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #

God's Toys
A Friend

God's Toys Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Toys? This seems a bit commercial to me. Making money out of religion. Personally I think it lowers the sacredness of the biblical figures by making them into a toy.

20th Jul, 2007 - 10:17pm / Post ID: #

Toys Gods

I just herd about this on the news this week. My first impression was good because you can get religious cartoon CD's there for only 1.00 My kids love them.
I am curious to see what they look like I hope its done with religion in mind.
Paintingblue

21st Jul, 2007 - 1:53pm / Post ID: #

Toys Gods

Personally, I think they should drop the religious toy thing, because when you fool around with things like toys the objects become nothing but something to mock and think of as just that a toy. Where religion is a fact and the eternities are not to be played around with, and Heavenly Father has feelings and will become more angry. he is unhappy now with him being kicked out of things and only by just a few? and the rest not overcoming them and keeping the love of God. I therefore believe that the disasters we now have will intensify. as the prophet said Got speaks with the voice of thunder. rain winds, and disasters. and if you want to bring about the last days of destruction then mock everything sacred. witch will happen.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please check over your spelling using the built-in Spell Checker before posting your message.

21st Jul, 2007 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #

God's Toys

I think that this is an interesting idea but I have to wonder about the agenda involved here. Is this another clever ploy to encourage people to spend their money all in the name of religion? The same way we go overboard in spending money during Easter and Christmas time? People tend to forget the true meaning of Easter and Christmas. Would these toys do the same? Sometimes people have a tendency to purchase toys for the wrong reasons. In my opinion, a toy should be educational and fun for the child to play with. It should not be a hazard in the child's life. I have to wonder, would these toys be purchased for prestige or as a sign that both parents are deeply committed to exposing their children to religion at an early age?

On a positive note, these toys may be useful tools to introduce the child to religion. Most kids love toys, so the parents may take full advantage of this, by using each religious toy, as a way to explain its religious significance to the child. Children may respond both negatively or positively to these toys. Some children will be curious to learn more about their religious toy whereas, others may consider them to be boring and may long for the more exciting toys that their friends have.

As adults, we are supposed to be committed to introducing religion to a child in the following ways:

1) Reading bible stories - this is very educational and allows the child to ask questions, as well as encourage the child to read more.

2) Sending your child to Sunday school - the child will learn more about the Bible through his Sunday school teacher and he may also have the pleasure of learning along with his friends.

3) Compact Discs or DVDS - you may purchase songs on a CD as a way of encouraging your child to enjoy religious songs by singing along and learning what the song means. Or the child will love watching religious cartoons on television.

4) Carrying your offspring to church with you every Sunday.

I strongly believe that the above are more effective ways to introduce your child to religion. The toys may be fun and exciting for a while but the child may lose interest in them or "out grow" his toys. The introduction of these religious toys in WALMART, seems to be an underhanded way of exploiting people's religious beliefs.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: God's Toys

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,