Black Youth Is To Blame For Violence - Page 2 of 2

QUOTE (LDS_Forever)Well, the Pastor said Blair - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 19th Apr, 2007 - 8:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Blair said the recent violence should not be treated as part of an overall crime wave, but as specific to black youth. He said there is no time for political correctness, and that the violence would not be stopped "by pretending it is not young black kids doing it.”
19th Apr, 2007 - 8:03pm / Post ID: #

Black Youth Is To Blame For Violence - Page 2

QUOTE (LDS_Forever)
How are you so sure that's what the Black Pastor said?

Just quoting the newspaper article, did they get it wrong?

My point is: It was not necessary to say it in public, he could have work on it with the respective organizations without the need to mention any race group in PUBLIC.

And my point is, why not? Why not discuss it openly, and have some *real* dialogue about what's going on and how to deal with it? Because it's racial? Would you ask that same question if it were the white youth in the spotlight? I don't think it should matter what race is involved, it's obviously a problem or they wouldn't be discussing it in the first place.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Sponsored Links:
19th Apr, 2007 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

Violence Blame To Youth Black

Just quoting the newspaper article, did they get it wrong?

Well, the Pastor said Blair took his words out of context, how are we so sure he didn't?

And my point is, why not? Why not discuss it openly, and have some *real* dialogue about what's going on and how to deal with it? Because it's racial?

Actually, I do not think is racial at all. My main concern are the ignorant type of individuals who will USE what Blair said to discriminate black young people. The UK has a huge problem with racism. That's what I am concerned about.

Would you ask that same question if it were the white youth in the spotlight?

I don't think so, for the simple reason that I do not think they will even mention it.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

19th Apr, 2007 - 8:38pm / Post ID: #

Black Youth Is To Blame For Violence History & Civil Business Politics

QUOTE (LDS_Forever)
Well, the Pastor said Blair took his words out of context, how are we so sure he didn't?
How are we so sure that he did?

The pastor didn't deny that he said what was quoted, he just says it was out of context. What was his context? Why didn't he correct it, if what was quoted was wrong?

What isn't being quoted in mainstream media is what else Blair said:
The problem with the crime taboo is that it leaves untouched a culture that puts law-abiding black citizens-the majority of blacks-at risk. The crime taboo allows a subset of that population to destroy the hopes and lives of others. Blair called on the many upstanding black leaders and parents to take on the gang culture: "The black community-the vast majority of whom in these communities are decent, law-abiding people horrified at what is happening-need to be mobilized in denunciation of this gang culture that is killing innocent young black kids."

https://www.frontpagemag.com/

What's happening is that Blair's comments are selectively being used (out of context? ) to make him look bad, when he's actually showing a lot of courage in speaking out about a very troubling current issue:
A wave of teen black-on-black murders has struck London over the last two months. Most recently, a horde of 12 black boys attacked a 14-year-old aspiring rapper with baseball bats and knives in an apartment lobby on Good Friday, killing the boy, Paul Erhahon, and seriously wounding his 15-year-old friend. Officials have charged a 13-year-old and 14-year-old with murder; the mother of the younger suspect laughed and joked during a recent court proceeding. The family of the surviving victim has received threats since the stabbing, which appears to be gang-related. Since February, nine teenagers have been shot or stabbed to death in London and other British cities.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Black Youth Is To Blame For Violence

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,