Does There Need To Be A Reason

Does Reason - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 17th Apr, 2007 - 7:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th Apr, 2007 - 12:07am / Post ID: #

Here is an interesting thought for you to Philosophize over... when you do something... anything... Does There Need To Be A Reason for doing it?

Sponsored Links:
16th Apr, 2007 - 11:03pm / Post ID: #

Reason Be To There Does

Even though it seems logical that something can be done for no reason, I don't believe it is possible. If there wasn't a reason for doing something, it wouldn't be done. The person doing the deed may not know the reason, but it's there somewhere.

17th Apr, 2007 - 1:32am / Post ID: #

Does There Need To Be A Reason Health & Special Psychology

If we are philosophizing, then the word "need" would be the suspect in my opinion. So I would say that I do not require a need to do things, but there is a reason for me having done it - regardless if I am concious of the reason or not.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 17th Apr, 2007 - 1:33am

17th Apr, 2007 - 6:26pm / Post ID: #

Reason Be To There Does

A reason, indeed there will always be one, whether it comes from within or externally. The curious part here for me would be the cause for the the action as it could be misperceived or perhaps I should say there is only one reason just many perceptions of it.

17th Apr, 2007 - 7:06pm / Post ID: #

Reason Be To There Does

Yes of course! Anything I do in life, there is always a reason behind it. First of all, it is important to remember that man has five needs and they are as follows:

1) Physiological - this refers to hunger, thirst, shelter, sex and other bodily needs.
2) Safety - this includes security and protection from physical and emotional harm.
3) Social - this refers to affection, a sense of belonging, acceptance and friendship.
4) Esteem - this includes self-respect and achievement; external factors such as status, recognition and attention.
5) Self Actualization- this refers to the drive to succeed including growth, achieving one's potential and self-fulfillment.

Generally, people would be motivated to perform certain actions in order to satisfy one of the above needs. And this would be the reason behind their actions. Normally, I would identify my goal, plan my course of action and the results would satisfy the needs that I have.

However, in some instances, a person would do something without any reason behind his/her actions, only when he is coerced or ordered by someone else to do it.

17th Apr, 2007 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

QUOTE (Geenie)
However, in some instances, a person would do something without any reason behind his/her actions, only when he is coerced or ordered by someone else to do it.

Isn't that still a reason? The reason may be because they think it will save their life or bring some other fulfillment or make amends or bring peace and so forth.

I believe there is always a reason. If someone says, "I'm doing this because I am bored" then the reason can be 'boredom' but there may be another reason like frustration or idleness. There is always a reason.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Does There Need To Be A Reason

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,