Christ As Our Intermediary With God

Christ Intermediary God - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 28th Apr, 2007 - 10:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th Apr, 2007 - 4:32am / Post ID: #

QUOTE (Karbala)
You mention there are more verses like Romans 8:34. I would love to read them if you would like to mention them.

Because of this request from another topic, I've begun this new thread to expand on the subject of Jesus Christ as our Intermediary and Redeemer with Heavenly Father. These verses all come from the King James version of the Bible.

Rom. 8:34
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Isa. 53: 12
  12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Heb. 7: 25
  25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

1 Tim. 2: 5
  5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Luke 1: 68
  68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Apr, 2007 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

God Intermediary Our Christ

Nice on FarSeer. This Topic makes me really excited for a number of reasons.

I agree with your interpretation of the Messiah as the intecessor or mediator between man and God. However I would like to see some viewpoints on a couple of things.

How would you answer those who claim that the Messiah claimed to forgive sins on his own authority forwarding the following verse:

Mark 2:5-10
5When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, "Son, your sins are forgiven." 6Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves, 7"Why does this fellow talk like that? He's blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?" 8Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, "Why are you thinking these things? 9Which is easier: to say to the paralytic, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Get up, take your mat and walk'? 10But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins . . . ."

28th Apr, 2007 - 8:42pm / Post ID: #

Christ As Our Intermediary With God Revealed Bible The

Jesus Christ had indeed the authority to forgive sins on this Earth. He did not do it on his own authority but his authority was given by the Father.

"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. (Matthew 28:18)

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2007 - 9:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

That seems to settle it. I wonder why mainstream christians don't accept this, since I have often heard they believe Jesus himself forgave sins as opposed to him having authority through the Father. Just to add another verse into the mix.

Matthew 11:27
27All things are delivered unto me of my Father

28th Apr, 2007 - 10:51pm / Post ID: #

Plenty of scripture to note that the authority Jesus Christ exhibited here on Earth was not power he gave himself, but came from God. He repeated this many times during his ministry.

John 8:28 
  28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

John 10: 18
  18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

> TOPIC: Christ As Our Intermediary With God

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,