What Would You Do? - Page 2 of 2

I read all the responses to this question - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 14th Aug, 2007 - 2:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
14th Aug, 2007 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

What Would You Do? - Page 2

LDS_forever that is truly horrible. I agree Geenie we are being conditioned to violence and I also think we see and hear far to often how the people who do get convicted seem to get off with a very light sentence compared to the crime they committed. The last part just re-enforces the inaction of the crowd in that the mass thinks and feels, I could stop them but the result is tomorrow they will be on the street looking for me and my family.

If the same thing had happened 20 years ago the men would have stood up and lynched him knowing the law was on their side. Today you confront some one beating their spouse and the swing at you and you return it in kind you end up being charged.

Sponsored Links:
14th Aug, 2007 - 2:00pm / Post ID: #

Do You What

I read all the responses to this question and thought, "Gosh, what a bunch of noble people".

I'd like to think of myself as being noble; going to the aid of the damsel in distress.

My opportunity manifested while I was eating breakfast in a diner in St Louis. However, there was nothing noble about my intervention. I was eating breakfast, and they were disturbing my peace. The egg ommelette was very good, but the vitriole coming from his mouth left a bitter taste.

I approached him, asked him to tone it down, and he told me to get lost in not so polite terms.

Now, I'm not a violent man, but after I threw his plate out the window, I was ready to hit him back if he tried anything.

There was a stunned silence.

That was all I wanted!

P.S I hadn't noticed the two policemen eating at a booth close by. In unison, they stood up and looked out the window where I'd thrown the plate. I was thinking, "Uh, Oh". Then they both sat down again.

Thank God it was a plastic plate.

Reconcile Edited: Philosopher on 14th Aug, 2007 - 2:08pm

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: What Would You Do?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,