Mormon Doctrine About God's Name

Mormon Doctrine God' S Name - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 12th Jan, 2013 - 11:00am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 2nd May, 2007 - 11:40am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I am interested in people's names. One of the most interesting to me, is Our Heavenly Father's name.

I have heard that "Elohim" is not really a proper name; that it is a Hebrew word ( or some other ancient language, maybe Egyptian. I'm not sure ) which simply means "God" or "Holy Man", but that Our Heavenly Father's REAL name is a different one.

Could this be true?

Sponsored Links:
2nd May, 2007 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #

Name Gods Doctrine Mormon

In another Thread, I think it was 'Adam-God Theory', there was some Discussion on the possibility that 'Elohim', 'Jehovah' and so forth are in fact Offices just as you would have 'Apostle', 'Patriarch', etc. I always tend to recall what the Lord told Moses when he asked him who he should say is the name of the God that sent him to bring His people out of Egypt. The answer leaves so much food for thought.

Rather off topic, but...
How are you enjoying your Upgrade? Please do see your Intro Thread for possible links to follow. Thanks.

5th Oct, 2012 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Doctrine About God's Name Studies Doctrine Mormon

Isn't this addressed in the temple? During the endowment the names are said and we are instructed based on those names. They aren't any different to what we already know: Elohim for heavenly father and Jehovah for Jesus Christ.

Post Date: 25th Dec, 2012 - 12:21am / Post ID: #

Name: Michael

Title: God's Name

Comments: The word "Elohim" is, in fact, an ancient Hebrew word meaning literally "The Mighty Ones or Gods" in the plural form. It is the plural form of "Eloach," meaning literally "The Mighty One." The name of God in the Adamic language was Ahman, as in Adam-ondi-Ahman. A name is whatever someone calls you. I tell people that my name is Mike but that's not what's on my birth certificate.

2nd Jan, 2013 - 3:22pm / Post ID: #

Interesting. If that's true how can we explain the plural of that name? Is it also referring to Jesus Christ?

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2013 - 11:00am / Post ID: #

Name: Michael

Title: God's name

Comments: There are many possible explanations. It could refer to all exalted beings. It could refer to the Godhead. It could refer our Heavenly Father and His exalted wife. Take your pick.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Mormon Doctrine About God's Name

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,