Incites Tots To Terror - Page 4 of 6

Please stay within the Topic: Incites Tots - Page 4 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 5th Jul, 2007 - 11:47am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

Strong resemblance to Mickey Mouse to broadcast their message of Islamic domination
3rd Jul, 2007 - 3:05pm / Post ID: #

Incites Tots To Terror - Page 4

SLucey, I am not sure if I fully understand your point:

As much as I hate to see hatred proliferated by anyone in this world, I think we citizens of North America have to attempt to understand where these people are coming from. While we sit high on our horse across the globe, we have a lot of nerve judging them for their anger.

EVEN if what you are quoting from the Washington Post is TRUE, what are you really saying about the topic at hand? It is certainly NOT about what the US did or did not. I do not think having a Mickey Mouse teaching terrorism and being killed on TV in a children's show can be justified in any possible way. It is wrong, it is very wrong regardless of what the US have done.

Sorry to sound cliche but people in glass houses should be careful when throwing stones.

It seems like the "judging" others you talk about, it surely applies to you as well.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2007 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

Incites Tots To Terror
A Friend

Terror Tots Incites

I'm just saying that if you want to be outraged, you might start in your own back yard. Although I personally do not agree with Mickey's likeness being used for negative propaganda, I can at least understand why they feel they are in a propaganda war with the west. The other aspect of my point is that we in the west should be constantly watchful of our own government's use of propaganda which manipulates our opinions. I've actually seen these textbooks so you can go ahead and believe the Post.

3rd Jul, 2007 - 3:28pm / Post ID: #

Incites Tots To Terror Islam Studies

Oh, I do not doubt for a second that it may be true nevertheless, I think actions like this one (the whole Mickey Mouse thing) must be condemned regardless of what others may have done, if we don't, then indirectly we are supporting it.

Rather off topic, but...
I may understand some of the reasons some of these terrorists blow themselves and others, nevertheless I condemn what they do because is plain wrong.

Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2007 - 3:33pm / Post ID: #

Incites Tots To Terror
A Friend

Page 4 Terror Tots Incites

I think the point being made is that children should not be exposed to such violence. I can only wholeheartedly agree. No matter who the oppressor or the oppressed is children should be kept away from such problems.

But a pertinent point to be made is who is to blame for the appaling violence that children have to grow up with in Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan etc. Just muslims? Delve a little deeper and you will see who the real culprits are. When the body becomes infected what happens? It becomes inflamed this is only natural. The inflammation you people see in the muslim world is only a reaction to the foreign policies of the neocon establishment. Should they remain unaccountable throughout this?

4th Jul, 2007 - 1:40am / Post ID: #

Terror Tots Incites

I think the point being made on the show is plainly that Jews are bad people and they are not to be trusted. It is pretty plain and simple. Now who are the targets of this valuable education? They would be kids that are about 3 to 10 years old. Is this a lesson that needs to be taught to these children and placed on public broadcast? Well, that is for the country of host to decide. If you are the subject of the ridicule, do you seriously believe that the viewers and more importantly the adult viewers and creators are capable of peaceful solutions? While we are asking to walk a mile in one pair of shoes...shouldn't we try to walk a mile in the other as well? In the US, if we had Mickey Mouse being killed by a muslim, there would be a immediate action and the show would be gone and in all likelihood, someone would be sitting in a jail.

I think that there is a very valuable model right now for this issue and one should look towards Ireland. It is only after they quit picking at the scabs of the decades and centuries old infection that they have been able to heal the body.

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2007 - 2:31pm / Post ID: #

Incites Tots To Terror
A Friend

Incites Tots To Terror

Although I concur with you on the solely negative effects of preaching bigotry and hatred to children and I think you have only touched on the larger point. Of course they are portraying a one-sided view of the Israeli jews as they perceive them to be their enemy. Right or wrong it is a situation that has festered since 1947. As in any conflict both sides need to assume responsibility. So long as people think that one side is wrong and the other is not, we get no closer to peaceful relations. Interesting that you picked Ireland as an example. Here was a country that fought the occupation of a foreign (and militarily stronger) power who removed the people from their own lands, murdered and imprisoned them and stripped them of any and all rights to govern themselves in their own country. The Irish were not "picking scabs", they were fighting for their survival. The relative peace that exists in Northern Ireland now did not occur because the Irish stopped fighting but rather because the British finally agreed to return the governing of Ireland back to the Irish. The turning point happened on July 19, 1997: The IRA announces "unequivocal" ceasefire, two months after Tony Blair's Labour party sweeps John Major's Conservatives from office and Blair promises Sinn Fein a seat at talks and sets a May 1998 deadline for a settlement. Six weeks later Sinn Fein joins peace talks for first time.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Jul, 2007 - 9:37am / Post ID: #

Incites Tots To Terror
A Friend

Incites Tots Terror - Page 4

The Palestinian problem draws a very interesting comparison with the troubles in Ireland. However there are key differences and I dont think the Good Friday agreement applies very well to Palestine and Israel.

The problem with basing any solution parallel to the irish solution requires the abolishment of the state of Israel and a new state based on a referendum and common parliament, constitution and other power-sharing ministeries between the Palestinians and Israelis. This is obviously a very far-fetched possiblity. However if the Nationalists and Unionists managed it in Ireland I cant see why Palestinians and Israelis cant do the same.

A few things that we can definitely take from the Irish is the immediate
decommissioning of any millitary groups including the armed wings of Fatah and Hamas as well as the Israeli army. followed by a referendum.

One specific difference however is the problem of Palestinian refugees. There are hundreds and thousands of them. What will one do about those?

Post Date: 5th Jul, 2007 - 11:47am / Post ID: #

Incites Tots Terror Studies Islam - Page 4

Please stay within the Topic: Incites Tots To Terror. If you wish to Discuss what can be learned from the past Irish conflict then start a New Thread.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Incites Tots To Terror

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,