Incites Tots To Terror - Page 2 of 6

Propaganda is a type of message aimed at influencing - Page 2 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 10th May, 2007 - 5:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

Strong resemblance to Mickey Mouse to broadcast their message of Islamic domination
Post Date: 9th May, 2007 - 9:08pm / Post ID: #

Incites Tots To Terror
A Friend

Incites Tots To Terror - Page 2

In the CNN report they are debating exactly what they are making Mickey say... is it:

"We will annihilate the Jews"

or

"The Jews are killing us"

As far as I could gather the "annihilate the jews" comment was made by a girl who phoned into the show not by the mickey mouse! The little girl hardly represents the islamic world does it?

As far as the mickey mouse comments:

we are placing together the cornerstone for the ruling of the world by an Islamic leadership.

I have heard evangelical christians say far worse. I have heard Zionist Jews say even worse still. Yet of course its the muslims the media has to pick up on.

I disagree with the whole point of this show. Children should not be exposed to the problems we have created for them. By the way Hamas TV agreed to a Palestinian Government request to pull this show off the air.

Going to be a bit difficult to convince anyone that you want peace when this is what you teach your children about the prospective partner of peace.

Yes it is very difficult to convince people we are peaceful people when they are so easily given into western media propaganda.

The Palestinians are one of the most oppressed nations of the world. Their children have all sorts of ideas because of what has happened to their families. I wonder what your attitude would be if you grew up in a refugee camp or in gaza which is constantly under fire? If you saw your brothers get shot at because they threw a few rocks at a tank? You get the idea?

Sponsored Links:
9th May, 2007 - 9:23pm / Post ID: #

Terror Tots Incites

Karbala, the point here is the irony of using Mickey Mouse - a US symbol and copyrighted character to start a show to teach children to fight using guns and talk about politics. I do not care how many Jews or Christians or Saints talk nearly bad the same things because the point here is does not make this show right in any degree. To try and defend this is the same as saying... we hate so let us teach our children hate.

9th May, 2007 - 9:38pm / Post ID: #

Incites Tots To Terror Islam Studies

Yes, it was a girl on the phone who made that statement. As a matter of fact, based on this phone "conversation" I assume the phone call was fake and set up, Mickey Mouse did not stop her but continued to encourage her statements.

Host Saraa, a young girl: "Sanabel, what will you do for the sake of the Al-Aqsa Mosque? How will you sacrifice your soul for the sake of Al-Aqsa? What will you do?"

Sanabel, young girl on phone: "I will shoot."

Farfour, a Mickey Mouse character in a tuxedo: "Sanabel, what should we do if we want to liberate..."

Sanable: "We want to fight."

Farfour: "We got that. What else?"

Saraa: "We want to..."

Sanabel: "We will annihilate the Jews."

Saraa: "We are defending Al-Aqsa with our souls and our blood, aren't we, Sanabel?"

Sanabel: "I will commit martyrdom."

Post Date: 9th May, 2007 - 10:24pm / Post ID: #

Incites Tots To Terror
A Friend

Page 2 Terror Tots Incites

I wasn't defending the show. This show was sick. They managed to turn mickey the mouse into mickey the rat. It was your (JB) comments about doubting the peaceful intentions of muslims I was answering. This show has been pulled off the air. Even the Palestinians didn't agree with the show.

I totally disagree with bringing hate politics to children. But if you were to ask me whether I would be willing to be a martyr for the liberation of Al-Aqsa I would have to say yes.

I assume the phone call was fake and set up, Mickey Mouse did not stop her but continued to encourage her statements.

That is a bit paranoid no? The questions asked to the girl were focusing on Al-Aqsa. Most muslims in the world including me are ready to die for the sake of AL-Aqsa.

9th May, 2007 - 11:05pm / Post ID: #

Terror Tots Incites

QUOTE (Karbala @ 9-May 07, 6:24 PM)
That is a bit paranoid no? The questions asked to the girl were focusing on Al-Aqsa. Most muslims in the world including me are ready to die for the sake of AL-Aqsa.

Paranoid? Maybe, maybe not...we do not know for sure, sounds like fake to me after all we are talking about a Mickey Mouse character supporting murder on television. What can be worst?

9th May, 2007 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

Incites Tots To Terror

Actually, I started the comment about peace. This was a childrens show that aired in Gaza and that is particularly why I mentioned the connection with the peace process. The government has pulled Mickey and his Hamas Friends from the airwaves, which is an encouraging sign that they too saw an issue here.

This was not propaganda. It is easy to say that because it doesn't put a particularly nice light on who made the show and instead of blamming them, we can blame western propaganda. Propaganda is misinformation or half truths. There was nothing misinformed or half truths about the rebroadcast of this show on CNN. This is why the government is pulling the show.

George Bush gets picked on my the media relentlessly, but it is not propaganda. Most of what they say is the actual truth and there was no intent on distributing missinformation, which is what propaganda is... Does the media enjoy showing his screwups...YOU BET...but it isn't propaganda. It is simply capitalizing on the unfortunate truths.

Should somewhere in that telecast, Mickey blessed the Jewish people and that was not reported in the story, THEN we have propaganda by western media. However, there has to be intent on misleading or only presenting half truths.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th May, 2007 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

Incites Tots To Terror
A Friend

Incites Tots Terror - Page 2

Propoganda is any bias with an agenda. Doesn't necessary have to be misinformation. An anti-semitic remark or a threat anywhere in the muslim world is immediately picked up. However the same remark made elsewhere about muslims will be confined to the backpages of the local press. Is that not propoganda?

10th May, 2007 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #

Incites Tots Terror Studies Islam - Page 2

Propaganda is a type of message aimed at influencing the opinions or behavior of people. Often, instead of impartially providing information.

Just to clear the air on that meaning.

All I know is the the topic on the show was not appropriate for children. I also have no doubts that the producers were flavouring the topic and trying to get the children to buy into their political views.

Yes Canadians do it to, as we use children shows to push good manners counting reading ect to a social norm of the time. I remember when KFC first advertised their chicken as finger licking good. The was an enormous out cry because licking your fingers after eating is unacceptable. (my point being just yes every thing we read or watch is not just a here are they fact you make your own conclusion, it is done to get a point or view point across.)

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Incites Tots To Terror

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,