Keeping Islam Out Of The USA?

Keeping Islam Usa - Studies of Islam - Posted: 9th May, 2007 - 11:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
USA US Preacher vows to fight Islam
9th May, 2007 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

Keeping Islam Out of the USA?

Did any of you see that CNN report where this Christian preacher has vowed to fight Islam? It seems like an Imam wants to build a mosque in his neighborhood and he does not want it. One of the preacher's claims is that the US cannot protect all of the US and despite the FBI checking the Imam out and finding him having no connection to any terrorism groups the preacher is going to court to stop the mosque from being built.

Sponsored Links:
9th May, 2007 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

USA The Out Islam Keeping

The preacher is going to lose this one. America was founded largely for religious freedoms. I say it is this preachers 15mins of fame and after his spectacular stance for public safety...he is gone. Love to know if this is a preacher from the south!

9th May, 2007 - 5:02pm / Post ID: #

Keeping Islam Out Of The USA? Islam Studies

I concur the Mosque weather the preacher likes it or not. Perhaps he will change his mind and try to convert them all to Christianity. Besides I think one more or less Mosque in a country will not have any effect as to whether there is a terrorist strike or not. Terrorists will find the opportunity when and where they want.

9th May, 2007 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #

I have some Threads here about Mosque attacks in Canada. It is possible that if there were any other 'incident' (I hope not) in the US that the US Citizenry will not think twice of attacking not only mosques but Muslims as well.

9th May, 2007 - 5:42pm / Post ID: #

I am ashamed to say but yes even in the city I live in damage was done to the local Mosque and teenagers also were threatened by classmates. The 10 year old that lives next to use walked home with my wife who was picking up our son from school for 2 weeks as he did not feel safe after Sept 11. Again the mass media is the fault, let us broadcast Muslims are terrorizing the States. As we all know a Muslim is a Muslim and people here must be tied to the terrorist after all how many can their be in the world 10 or maybe 1000? rolleyes.gif

As it is the USA media that we are so influenced by I am sure there had to 10 vandalism attempts to our 1 at least, just based on the population difference in the two Countries.

I was in Florida the following March and the Disneyland and resorts were very slow people were very scared unrealistically so likely due to the protected lives we have. Death happens but not here. FYI I talked to many about the topic and found views varied greatly.

Post Date: 9th May, 2007 - 9:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Terrorists will find the opportunity when and where they want

You are actually right. At the moment they are finding opportunity mostly against muslims in muslim countries blowing up innocent muslims. More muslims have died as a result of terrorism or the war against terrorism than anyone else.

Who's afraid of the big bad muslim? It cracks me up to see how afraid people are of us! So youre afraid of Al-Qaeda and the Taliban? Count the number of Hazara Shiites they killed it runs into the tens of thousands. Count the number of muslims killed in bomb blasts in Iraq everyday.

How can you associate Islam with terrorism when Islam itself is its biggest victim physically.

I actually think the USA needs more mosques not less. Step into a local mosque and speak to someone there. See if they want your blood or not. Stop letting CNN, Fox News, BBC, NBC etc scaring you.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th May, 2007 - 9:32pm / Post ID: #

Keeping Islam Out The USA

The preacher is very wrong and I hope they allow the mosque to be built. If we want to point fingers, a lot of Churches (including the Catholic) have been heavily involved in activities they should be ashamed of. I do not think the preacher has any right to stop this mosque from being built.

9th May, 2007 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

Keeping Islam Out The USA Studies Islam

I wouldn't go quite as far as Karbala on this. You must remember that the 2nd bloodiest day in US History was when 4 planes didn't exactly land at their scheduled locations at the hands of some extremist on 9/11. The only other day bloodier was also on US soil during the Civil War.

I do believe we should be concerned about terrorism in the US, as we are at least in their top 3 for a target. Just this week, there was a plot uncovered where some muslims were going to kill soldiers at Fort Dix. These gentlemen will be spending a lot of "quality time" behind bars. However, the preacher is wrong about denying those that passed the test of entry into the US their right to religious freedom.

This is the oath of citizenship in the US:

Rather off topic, but...
I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.

If you say these words and mean it, welcome neighbor! If not, I would like to have you removed at the earliest opportunity.

Rather off topic, but...
The Oath of Citizenship is not a federal law. Technically, any oath is legal, as long as it meets the "five principles" mandated by the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1953. These principles are:

1 allegiance to the United States Constitution,
2 renunciation of allegiance to any foreign country or leader to which the immigrant has had previous allegiances to,
3 defense of the Constitution against enemies "foreign and domestic"
4 promise to serve in the United States Armed Forces when required by law (either combat or non-combat)
5 promise to perform civilian duties of "national importance" when required by law

It is that 2nd one that I would pay particular attention to....

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 9th May, 2007 - 11:53pm

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Keeping Islam Out Of The USA?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,