De Menezes Killing

De Menezes Killing - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 12th Dec, 2008 - 3:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

They mistaken him for a terrorist and shoot him 7 times in the head yet they are cleared and they won't face disciplinary action
12th May, 2007 - 3:14am / Post ID: #

De Menezes Killing

These things happen when the victim is a Brazilian citizen, hence his life seems not to be worth much. It angers me a lot.

LONDON, England (AP) -- No disciplinary action will be taken against 11 officers involved in a surveillance operation that ended in the death of a Brazilian man who was mistaken for a terrorist and gunned down in the subway days after the 2005 London transit bombings, a police commission said Friday.

Jean Charles de Menezes, 27, was shot seven times in the head by Scotland Yard anti-terror officers as he sat on a London subway train July 22, 2005 -- two weeks after four suicide bombers killed themselves and 52 commuters on three subway trains and a bus, and a day after a failed set of attacks.

Police acknowledged that they had wrongly identified de Menezes. Prosecutors decided last year they would not seek criminal charges against the officers involved.

On Friday, the Independent Police Complaints Commission said the officers would also not face disciplinary action on the force.

"The grief and anger of (de Menezes') family is entirely understandable and -- as I have been powerfully reminded -- remains unassuaged," said the commission's chairman, Nick Hardwick. "I would not do anything lightly that adds to that grief or anger."

He said the decision not to discipline the officers was made after reviewing the evidence of the shooting, which he said pointed to the "challenges facing officers" in the days after the July 7 suicide bombings.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Nov, 2007 - 3:39pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Killing Menezes De

Police Guilty?

Police are found guilty of breaking health and safety laws over the fatal shooting of Jean Charles de Menezes in London in 2005.
Ref. BBC

Post Date: 12th Dec, 2008 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

De Menezes Killing History & Civil Business Politics

Verdict

Jurors return an open verdict into the death of Jean Charles de Menezes, who was shot dead by police at Stockwell Tube station in London.
Ref. BBC

Post Date: 12th Dec, 2008 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

De Menezes Killing
A Friend

Killing Menezes De

It is always sad to hear of something like this. Many times people react and do not think about what they are doing after a major attack. I think these officers reacted quickly and strongly in the weeks after the train bombings. I think the public reacted strongly too to point this guy out. I am not sure what else could have been done to prevent this guys death.

> TOPIC: De Menezes Killing

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,