Retirement Save: Buy A House

Retirement Save Buy House - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 13th May, 2007 - 10:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

We barely have enough savings for even a small down payment.
Post Date: 12th May, 2007 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Retirement Save: Buy A House

BUY A HOUSE AND SAVE FOR RETIREMENT

Question: My wife and I are currently renting, but we'd like to buy a house. Problem is, we happen to live in somewhat expensive area where single-family homes cost at least $300,000. Our combined income is low and we barely have enough savings for even a small down payment.
Ref. https://money.cnn.com/2007/05/11/pf/expert/...eymag/index.htm

Sponsored Links:
13th May, 2007 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

House Buy Save Retirement

It's hard these days to get your foot on the property ladder, locally to us, it is very hard for young people to get their first home, so you find that many are buying run down properties out of the area, and 'doing them up'.
In some areas, the property is quite reasonable, but the area not so nice. In these cases, you find many people renting this type of house out, and the money they make on the property they invest back into another.
To me, the way to go, is property auctions, where the prices are lower than buying through a property agent.
Unfortunately for this though, you need to be buying cash, which again, very few people can afford to do, so this leads to a 'vicious circle', of frustration.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

> TOPIC: Retirement Save: Buy A House

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,