Doing Good To Them That Hate You

Doing Good Hate You - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 5th Aug, 2007 - 8:01am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 15th May, 2007 - 2:29am / Post ID: #

What does it mean to "do good" to them that hate you? If someone hates you then why would you want to do good to them?

Sponsored Links:
8th Jun, 2007 - 3:06pm / Post ID: #

You Hate Them Good Doing

Having a boy in grade three this question is a good one. He recently changed schools and two of the boys in his class really put the rude behavior on towards my son. He was very distressed and short of beating the tar out of the two of them it was a dark tunnel with no light since the principle and teachers were being of little aid.

My wife was a school bully and I had a hard time from keeping her from telling my boy to pound them good and hard. Instead I talked them into working with the teachers and kept telling him that what goes around comes around.

Two months in to the year the two boys that where giving my son a hard time ended up being picked on by a grade 5 student my son knew him from his Karate club. He intervened and remind the older boy the Dojo rules and threatened to tell Sensi about the behavior he witnessed.

Since then the three are not friends but he is respected now by the other two and they have intervened on my sons behalf since when other children were saying bad things about him.

I believe firmly it was Gods way of rewarding my son for being patient and understanding that some children do not have parents that teach about kindness to each other. We all make mistakes but doing your enemy a good turn is a great way of diffusing some of that hatred.

12th Jun, 2007 - 7:25pm / Post ID: #

Doing Good To Them That Hate You Revealed Bible The

This is an interesting philosophy that I consider extremely difficult to abide by. It makes a lot of sense though. Most people experience a great deal of discomfort, knowing that others hate them. It is only natural for you to either "retaliate" or avoid your enemy altogether. People who hate you are always: devising ways of making you feel inferior or laughing at you, when you fall flat on your face. "Do Good to Them that Hate You" is a form of reverse psychology. Instead of being antagonistic towards your enemy, shower him with love and kindness; hopefully, the individual may become appreciative of your gestures and may even long to become more acquainted with you. Eventually, the hatred he once experienced, may slowly disappear. This provides a great sense of relief for all involved now that the tension and hatred has been replaced with peace.

12th Jun, 2007 - 8:51pm / Post ID: #

You Hate Them Good Doing

Sometime ago someone in Church said something that got me thinking. He said the best thing to do when someone does not like you or hate you is to love them, being nice to them, give them service. How long can you hate someone who shows you love instead of anger or hate? How long can you hate someone who do nice things for you? Not an easy thing to do, but a nice goal to achieve.

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2007 - 8:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

You Hate Them Good Doing

When we sin against God, we are making ourselves an offense to Him, and yet we rely on him to continue to give us life, and do good to us. If it were not from that, we could not be brought back from sin, and we would have no chance for life.

Obviously, when someone hates us, that is offensive to us. But if we are to walk in God's path, then we must refrain (so far as is possible for us) from thinking about ourselves or what offends us, but to think instead of others and whatever good we can do for others, regardless of their attitude towards us.

Christ gave us the ultimate example of this, praying for the forgiveness of those who spat on him and mocked him as he died.

While it is hard to do, if we don't do it for others, how can we in good conscience accept it when God does it for us?

> TOPIC: Doing Good To Them That Hate You

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,