Joseph's Bones

Joseph' S Bones - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 2nd Jun, 2007 - 6:36am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Exodus 13:19
Post Date: 15th May, 2007 - 2:32am / Post ID: #

Joseph's Bones

Joseph's Bones

Based on this:

'19 And Moses took the bones of Joseph with him: for he had straitly sworn the children of Israel, saying, God will surely visit you; and ye shall carry up my bones away hence with you."

Why was it necessary for Moses to take Joseph's bones with him?

Sponsored Links:
2nd Jun, 2007 - 6:36am / Post ID: #

Bones Josephs

Moses was just fulfilling a simple request?

Exodus 13:19  Moses also took Joseph's bones along, for Joseph had made the Israelites swear solemnly that. when God should come to them, they would carry his bones away with them.

But since each Bible is different, I checked my copy of the Torah. It reads quite a bit different and also ( to me ) makes the story clearer.

From the Torah

Exodus 13:19  Moses took Joseph's remains with him.  Joseph had bound the Israelites by an oath: "God will grant you special providence, and you must then bring my remains out of here with you.

If I had walked in Joseph's shoes, I would have wanted ( even in death ) to go along when my people left Egypt.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please learn how to use the Quote Tags. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

> TOPIC: Joseph's Bones

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,