Honor Killings In The Bible

Honor Killings Bible - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 2nd Jun, 2007 - 6:06am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 30th May, 2007 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

Honor Killings In The Bible

Honor Killings in the Bible

Were there any Honor Killings in the Bible?

Sponsored Links:
2nd Jun, 2007 - 6:06am / Post ID: #

Bible The Killings Honor

QUOTE (From the book @ Mousetrails-THE FIRST HOLY WAR)

The son of a prince raped Dina, the daughter of Jacob.  Then he decided he loved her and asked his father to,  ..."get me this girl as my wife."  When the father asked for her, the sons of Jacob lied and said, "We cannot do this; give our sister to a man who is not circumcised; for to us that would be a disgrace."  Then Jacob's sons told Hemor  the only way his son Sichem could marry Dina was for the whole city to become circumcised, so ...On the third day, when they were in pain, the two sons of Jacob took their swords, advanced boldly against the city, and slew all the males, and sacked the city. They took its flocks, herds and asses. All its wealth, its women and its children they carried off; and they looted whatever was in the houses. (Genesis 34:2)     This was a stiff price for a whole city to pay for one rape, but in saving face, God's people gained many animals and much loot.  The big gain was a whole city of women to keep pregnant so God's numbers would grow, and Dina would never be raped again.  Since a city is 12,000 people,  (Josue 8:25) I will estimate low, and guess that only one fourth of the citizens were grown men. 3000 died.

The Old Testament of the Bible is loaded with 6 1/2 million deaths. Many were "honor" killings.

> TOPIC: Honor Killings In The Bible

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,