Giblet Gravy For Poultry

Giblet Gravy Poultry - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 24th Aug, 2011 - 6:23am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Archived Recipe: Chicken
Post Date: 24th Aug, 2011 - 6:23am / Post ID: #

Giblet Gravy For Poultry

Recipe name:
Giblet Gravy For Poultry

Recipe Type Recipe category:
Chicken

What are your thoughts about this classic dish?

Recipe Ingredients Recipe details: Giblet Gravy (For Poultry)

1 x Liver

1 x Gizzard

1 x Heart

1 x Water

1 x Flour

1 x Salt & pepper

*** My notes: This is the way I've always made giblet gravy, except that I add chopped celery and onion, the neck, and some poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper while boiling the giblets. I usually add a little Kitchen Bouquet at the end to brown the gravy, also. Wash thoroughly the liver, gizzard and heart and cover with water and cook until tender. Drain off the water and save. Chop the giblets fine. Pour off most of the fat in which the poultry has been cooked, leaving about 4 Tbsp of it in the pan. Add 3 Tbsp of flour and blend well. Measure the giblet water adding enough water to make 3 cups. Pour slowly into the browned flour, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Add giblets and cook for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve. Source: Pennsylvania Dutch Cook Book - Fine Old Recipes, Culinary Arts Press, 1936.

Recipe Reviews Your opinion:
If you have actually made this recipe please give your reviews.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: Fri Sep 20 11:30:47 GMT 2024 / Post ID: #

Giblet Gravy For Poultry

Add Comment
Can someone tell me more about giblet gravy for poultry should have been analyzed swiftly so there can be correct so I can decide for myself.

> TOPIC: Giblet Gravy For Poultry

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,