Taking Of Life

Taking Life - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 8th Jun, 2007 - 2:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Just or Unjust?
Post Date: 19th May, 2007 - 9:18pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Taking Of Life

UNJUST TAKING OF LIFE A MAJOR SIN

The sixth of the Ten Commandants, `Thou shalt not kill` (Exodus 20:13), can raise eyebrows in an era when wars in foreign countries continue, gunmen go on rampages, serial killers make headlines and murders are executed by governments.
Ref. deseretnews.com

Sponsored Links:
2nd Jun, 2007 - 6:25am / Post ID: #

Life Taking

It's interesting to me that on the same day the Ten Commandments were handed to Moses, God's next order of business was the killing of thousands of his own Israelites.

From the book, Mousetrails-THE FIRST HOLY WAR

The next move in the golden calf fiasco came from Moses. He was embarrassed because his foes would be scornful when they heard about the idol and knew Aaron had,

...let the people run wild. (Exodus 32:25)

Moses gave the horrendous order to the Levites,

]Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel: "Put your sword on your hip, every one of you! Now go up and down  the camp, from gate to gate, and slay your own kinsmen, your friends and neighbors!"  The Levites carried out the command of Moses, and that day there fell about three thousand of the people.      (Exodus 32:27)

Moses obviously took matters in his own hands here, but whether he did, or God actually told him to command the Levites to kill their own doesn't matter. It was done in the name of God, and He didn't stop it, so He gets the credit! On this day, Jews killed Jews while their God watched. 3,000 died.

An interesting side note. When I have asked the very devout about this story, their answer is almost always the same, "They're his. He can kill them if he wants to!"

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please learn how to use the Quote Tags. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

2nd Jun, 2007 - 2:03pm / Post ID: #

Taking Of Life Revealed Bible The

The commandment "Thou shall not kill" should be carefully studied. I do not know much about translations but it could be possible that the word "kill" means "murder" then the commandment makes perfectly sense. There are circumstances where you have to defend yourself from an aggressor and maybe the other person loses his life (self-defense). I do not think God condemns this, what he does condemns is taking the life of another person for revenge, jealousy, anger, etc.

2nd Jun, 2007 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #

Life Taking

I guess too many people dieing at the same time at God's command would be genocide, so I need to get it down on a more personal level. Here is just one example of God killing humans, one-on-one, in anger. I would call this murder.

<< Genesis 38 >> 
6 And Judah took a wife for Er his firstborn, whose name was Tamar.

7 And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the LORD; and the LORD slew him.

8 And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother.

9 And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.

10 And the thing which he did displeased ° the LORD: wherefore he slew him also.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please learn how to use the Quote Tags. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

8th Jun, 2007 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

Life Taking

The reason for the death of both ER and Onan died was disobedience of Gods command.

Er was sinning and doing unrighteous acts so God punished him with death for not changing their ways in an otherwise obedient family. If they had lived the whole house would have been condemned in time as that is the nature of sin, it spreads fast.

The commandment in question was to prevent random acts of murder by one human to another, for no reason other then to achieve worldly wealth or revenge.

If you do not use Godly values as the reference point of view then the picture changes completely. It is just another being killing a human as they were making him angry. This point of view can only be held by one who does not wholly agree with what the bible states God is.

I believe that there is no way two people standing on either side will ever see the commandment in the same light and as such there is no right and wrong just different living standards.

If a man is hung because they killed a baby is the executioner guilty of Murder? According to the bible no. As it was deemed along time ago that man will punish man for the needles taking of life.

> TOPIC: Taking Of Life

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,