Why Do We Eat Mindlessly

Why Eat Mindlessly - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 19th May, 2007 - 7:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

That is the question...
Post Date: 8th Nov, 2006 - 10:01pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Why Do We Eat Mindlessly

PROF ASKS: WHY DO WE EAT MINDLESSLY, AND WHAT WOULD HELP US STOP?

Think much about that popcorn while you're eating it? Or that plate of pasta? That bowl of soup?
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/11/07/food....t.ap/index.html

Sponsored Links:
29th Nov, 2006 - 9:33am / Post ID: #

Mindlessly Eat We Why

This article made really interesting reading, and I'm sure that the book will sell well.
Not being from America myself, I can't see why people would willingly drink wine supposedly from California, but not want to know about or want any of the wine supposedly from North Dakota?
In England, most people see wine as wine, regardless of where it was produced, so maybe the results would have been slightly different here.Regardless though, it does appear, that subconsciously, your brain is already deciphering how much food or wine or snacks you are going to take, mainly from the information you receive on the packet, and from the packaging itself!

Personally speaking, I know that my main downfall for 'snacking' is boredom. The minute there is nothing to do, I go on the hunt for 'edibles' in the cupboard, and would invariably eat all the wrong types, and end up feeling guilty!
The solution to this for me, was to make sure that I haven't got any snack type foods in the house, and failing to find any, I normally settle for a yogurt or banana. Much healthier, and guilt free! laugh.gif

19th May, 2007 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

Why Do We Eat Mindlessly Health & Special Psychology

I have to agree with DianeC. Whenever I am bored out of my skull, I start to eat even though I am full to the gills! Well I have found the perfect solution to that problem. Whenever I am bored and the snacks are calling, I resist the urge to eat by logging on here, where I can occupy myself by assimilating new information or simply contributing to a topic. Believe it or not, this new "habit" removes the "evil temptation" to snack.

Reconcile Edited: Geenie on 19th May, 2007 - 7:41pm

> TOPIC: Why Do We Eat Mindlessly

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,