Man Killed A Teen For Walking On His Lawn

Man Killed Teen Walking Lawn - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 9th Jul, 2007 - 3:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th May, 2007 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

Man Killed A Teen For Walking On His Lawn

What a disturbed man! He obviously have serious anger management issues but to kill a kid because he walked on his lawn is just incomprehensible.

BATAVIA, Ohio -  A man who fatally shot a teenage neighbor because he walked on the man's carefully tended lawn was sentenced Wednesday to life in prison.

Charles Martin, 67, must serve 18 years before he can be considered for parole, Clermont County Common Pleas Judge William Walker ordered, adding that he would urge that Martin never be considered for parole.

The man was convicted last month of murder in the March 2006 shotgun killing of 15-year-old Larry Mugrage Jr., a high school freshman.

Martin told the court he was sorry the shooting occurred but said the teen knew how much Martin cared for his lawn and provoked him.

"He stepped on it and he walked 40 feet through it," Martin said. "I cared about it. I cut it every five days."

Prosecutors alleged Martin had confronted the teen earlier in the day when he walked into Martin's yard on his way to a friend's house, then loaded his .410-gauge shotgun and waited more than three hours for him to return...

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
8th Jul, 2007 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

Lawn On Walking Teen Killed Man

This story is alarming and very disturbing on so many levels. The teenager knew how "obsessed" this man was, where his lawn was concerned. And yet he chose to be immature and very disrespectful, by walking on the person's lawn. The man became incensed and retaliated by taking the boy's life. Clearly, this story illustrates how loving and respecting one another, is on the verge of extinction. It is apparent that there is a lot of "bad blood" between these two neighbours but you never know how people may react, when they are frustrated and fed up with another human being. It is clear that neither individuals have any respect for each other. If the teenager would have steered clear from the neighbour, then maybe he would have been alive today. However, to kill another human being all in the name of retribution for trampling on something that should be considered less valuable than a human life, is appalling!

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 14 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.4%

9th Jul, 2007 - 3:05am / Post ID: #

Man Killed A Teen For Walking On His Lawn History & Civil Business Politics

I lived next to a guy like this...it is kind of scary the attachment that those green blades of grass can form in a person! We were playing football out in the street. We didn't play in the grass because that was our out of bounds marker. We usually played the game over about 3 houses worth of concrete and had been playing since I could remember. One day we were playing and one of the kids I was playing with caught a pass and ran out of bounds. He took about three steps across the yard and was about to hit the guys shrubs so he jumped and did a summersalt over the guys plants and didn't hit one of them! THEN all the sudden the door opens up and this old guy comes running out in a panic stricken voice yelling..."YOU porch monkeys get out of my yard!" We were all shocked. I lived on a fairly black block. Most all of my friends were black growing up. We had never heard anyone say anything like that in our neighborhood. We all got a long fine. We saw how the guy lost it and basically just made sure we moved our game up another house, so we could stay out of his. Actually, kind of glad that guy didn't have a rifle!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

> TOPIC: Man Killed A Teen For Walking On His Lawn

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,