Roots Of Human Family Tree Are Shallow

Roots Human Family Tree Shallow - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 6th Sep, 2006 - 12:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2006 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Roots of Human Family Tree are Shallow

"It's a mathematical certainty that that person existed," said Steve Olson, whose 2002 book "Mapping Human History" traces the history of the species since its origins in Africa more than 100,000 years ago.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060701/ap_on_...therhood_of_man

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Aug, 2006 - 5:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Shallow Tree Family Human Roots

With the help of a statistician, a computer scientist and a supercomputer, Olson has calculated just how interconnected the human family tree is. You would have to go back in time only 2,000 to 5,000 years -- and probably on the low side of that range -- to find somebody who could count every person alive today as a descendant.

This has to be due to the amount of war and destruction on the planet. Since biblical time puts humanity at around 6,000 years old, and evolution puts humanity at near 100,000 years old, that entire civilizations were wiped out and bred into the existing cultures so that our common ancestor could have lived as early as 2,000 years ago. Of course, there were other people, but their lines would have to have died off. Very interesting find that I will study more about for sure.

Post Date: 6th Sep, 2006 - 12:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Roots Of Human Family Tree Are Shallow Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I remember reading somewhere that a certain genome had been traced all the way back to a single women. This was done by looking at something handed down in all women to their daughters. I will have to refresh my memory and do some research.

> TOPIC: Roots Of Human Family Tree Are Shallow

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,