Dehumanizing Humans

Dehumanizing Humans - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 28th May, 2007 - 2:12am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

When Animal Rights Trump Our Right to Life
Post Date: 27th May, 2007 - 12:24am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Dehumanizing Humans

Dehumanizing Humans: When Animal Rights Trump Our Right to Life
by Laura Echevarria

Although I graduated from college with a degree in speech communications, I began as a biology major. I've never ceased to be amazed at how intricately we are made, how marvelously we are woven together. But it is not just our incredible physical complexity. Bioethicist Wesley J. Smith puts our uniqueness this way: "We are moral and intellectual beings with the ability to create, civilize, project over time, and transcend." Put another way, "[H]uman beings are much more than the mere sum of our parts and functions." But to some, belief in human superiority (or "exceptionalism") is a form of bigotry, dubbed 'specism." Ironically, these same individuals must engage in deep-albeit wrongheaded but uniquely human-thought to conclude that some animals are our equals. Their goal is to make animals-at least certain animals-the moral and legal equals of humans. For example, animal rights activists in Vienna, Austria, have taken up the cause of Hiasl, a 26-year-old chimpanzee. The animal sanctuary where Hiasl has lived faces bankruptcy. An Austrian businessman has donated a considerable amount of money towards his upkeep but without a legal guardian, the money will go to receivers, according to The Observer. "As only humans have a right to legal guardians, his campaigners say it is necessary for Hiasl's survival to prove that he is one of us." But that is just the beginning.
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/nat3137.html

Sponsored Links:
28th May, 2007 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

Humans Dehumanizing

I have always said that I do not understand the heights animal activists will go to in order for an animal to receive some kind of 'right', even if it costs humans their rights. We have a number of animal activists Threads about what they are doing within this Board, some are good and needed while others are simply ridiculous to even comprehend.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

> TOPIC: Dehumanizing Humans

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,