More Children Or Not? - Page 2 of 3

I know you'll get there. I remember - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 29th Oct, 2007 - 12:30am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
22nd Oct, 2007 - 1:36pm / Post ID: #

More Children Or Not? - Page 2

I suppose is a matter of perspective and really has little or nothing to do with whether you have special needs kids or not. In a family that has 6 "normal" kids for example, parents would use different methods for each child since each one of them is unique and what may work with one may not work with another. This happens in ALL families, regardless of any special needs cases.

Sponsored Links:
22nd Oct, 2007 - 8:02pm / Post ID: #

Not Children More

I think LDs summed this up pretty much, I would agree that whatever the family circumstance, you'd still have to do adjustments for each child on their own merit, whether they be special needs or not.

22nd Oct, 2007 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #

More Children Or Not? Health & Special Psychology

I do not think it is correct to put a 'normal' family with six children in the same boat with even a family with four children where only one might be so challenged as to disrupt the continuity of the other's learning and so forth. Some special needs children are like having five children all wrapped up in one.

22nd Oct, 2007 - 10:06pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Not Children More

QUOTE (JB @ 22-Oct 07, 3:50 PM)
Some special needs children are like having five children all wrapped up in one.

Yes, that is true, and unless you've got a child with special needs you can't fully appreciate the 24/7 job of raising that child.

I would imagine in most families as the other children get older they adapt more to the fact that their sibling has needs that are extra to theirs, and that they may be in a different routine than themselves, I don't think that you can stop extending your family though on the premise that future children may also be born with special needs, unless there is some proven detrimental gene where every child you bear are going to be born with disabilities, as on the whole you don't find whole familys full of special needs children (although there are the exceptions to the rule), personally, I look forward to extending my family,maybe next year if we're fortunate enough and moving forward together as a family unit, working together to help each of our children. I think it can be obtained, without taking from one child and piling all the energy into another - but that's just my personal opinion.

24th Oct, 2007 - 5:41pm / Post ID: #

Not Children More

DianeC I think you are just a great mothering mother among mothers and for you such challenges are not a challenge at all as compared to the rest of us worried parents (like myself) who wonder if we will cope. I think I may have a different out look if we were not living in a Banana Republic and had a school where our children would go for part of the day so that you could get a rest or some peace. It is not like that in our home - you have the situation 24 / 7 so I guess that is why I am not as exited of the prospects of a large family when special needs are evident.

28th Oct, 2007 - 10:30pm / Post ID: #

More Children Or Not?

we all have different things that we can do, and one thing that I wish I could take on is the home schooling issue, where I take my hat off for the good job you're doing of it with your Son.
I guess though that this has the affect that you have constant child care when ours are out at school, there is no break at all for you. Also as you pointed out the difference in where we live, we have good facilities for special needs kids, where as you have no support whatsoever. Just try and hold on to the fact that hopefully you will move away from all that one day. I think that it's quite rare to find familys full of special needs children although there are the exception as in all things, I think you'll become more confident as your family grows to reach the number in your family that you've always wanted.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Oct, 2007 - 12:24am / Post ID: #

More Children Not - Page 2

I hope you are right DianeC, I am actually quite concerned for my sons and hope to provide a better future for them more so to get Felipe evaluated properly so that he can get specific help while he is still young.

29th Oct, 2007 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

More Children Not Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

I know you'll get there. I remember on one of your posts saying the importance of siblings being there to look out for a special needs brother/sister. I am more and more coming to the understanding of how important this actually is, and if they've got no-one else they've got brothers/sisters to look out for them.
I think this is where the importance of large families becomes even more important.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: More Children Or Not?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,