Who Makes The Best Curry? Curry Powder

Who Curry Curry Powder - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 30th Oct, 2006 - 10:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 26th Aug, 2004 - 2:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I will eat anything that's curried. But I notice not all curry tastes the same. A Trini's curry tastes different from a Jamaican's curry. The curry in England and Germany do not taste like the West Indian curry. Because I like Trini curry the best.I would like to know the top of the line curry seasonings. Trini's can you help me out .

Sponsored Links:
26th Aug, 2004 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

Powder Curry Curry The Who

Well Darius, I am not much of a cook, but I did live in Trinidad and had 2 aunts and a cousin who were excellent cooks. I would have to say the Trini curry is definitely the best, hands down. I believe the name brand they used was called Madras Curry, but I could be wrong, it's been a while. It was in a small yellow packet. Anyway, maybe one of the Trini folks who still live there will respond and provide some more detail. All this talk about curry has made my drool drool.gif

Update: I just found it. It is called Kala Brand Madras curry. Here is a link to Trinifood.com where you can see a description of it and even buy it.

Reconcile Edited: malexander on 26th Aug, 2004 - 3:45pm

26th Aug, 2004 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

Who Makes The Best Curry? Curry Powder Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

When I was in the UK a man from India made some curry for me that tasted just like back home (Trinidad). The curry he used was from India, so I am guessing the way we make curry in Trinidad is almost the same as in India, same taste as well.

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2004 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Hey thanks Malexander ! I will look for that brand the next time I visit New York. The last time I was in N.J. they had Curry Chicken flavored Ramen noodles. shocked.gif' /><!--endemo--> Yes , I was shocked to see that.  </p></div>

</div><div style=

26th Aug, 2004 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

I am most familiar with the English style of making curry. We use Sharwoods brand curry. There are several different varieties. I personally really like the Hot Madras type.

I recently found an interesting website devoted to various types of curry recipes. It focuses on how to make the curry without any commercial mix, but rather to make your own powder and/or paste.

I have tried to make Thai curry. It did NOT turn out well. Something about the coconut milk made it very difficult for me to make it.

One thing I really liked in England (and CAN get here) is curry flavoured catsup. Very interesting thing.

As an aside, I like to occasionally take some baked beans, mix in some onions and curry powder, and cook it all up. A very quick and easy way to get the curry fix.

14th Apr, 2006 - 12:17pm / Post ID: #

I would like to rekindle this curry debate.

I have grown up on Indian and Malaysian curries. In my opinion Malaysian and Thai curries are the best I have had, but they are quite different in taste from the others. Indians are world famous for their curry and they are certainly very tasty. In fact, England's curries really are Indian curries, that is how it was introduced into that country.

I imagine Trini curry might have been initially introduced through Indian's when they were being brought over for indentured labour? I would be very keen to try a Trini curry and see how they have made it their own.

If I have anyone over for dinner I will make them either a Panang curry, a Green curry or a Matsaman curry. And I can cook! Nighthawk if you would like another recipe for Thai curry then just let me know mate.

Can anyone post a recipe for a Trini curry or a link where I could get a recipe, please.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th May, 2006 - 10:39pm / Post ID: #

Who The Curry Curry Powder

Patak or Sharwood's are the British make of curry that I would say are the best.

Apart from that takeaway wise, you are far better getting a proper curry from a traditional Indian takeaway (as opposed to the ones trying to make it how they think the British want it)

In my opinion, it's not the hottest, strongest tasting curries that are the best, but the ones that have used the traditional mild, aromatic mixture of subtle spices, as they would in India.

You just can't beat a good curry!

Post Date: 30th Oct, 2006 - 10:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Who The Curry Curry Powder Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Hi all, an Interesting topic, As for Trinidadian Curry there are two prominent Brands, the King of them all is "Chief Brand Curry" then followed by "Turban Brand Curry, they are both Madras style curry powder, a specific blend!

Being Trinidadian and having a mom who has many sisters and they are all wonderful cooks at Traditional Indo-Trinidadian food as well as other Main Stream Trini foods. So I am a bit picky with Trinidadian food as most Trini's tend to be.

The brands I mention are both pretty good, But Cheif is the bigger seller, and if you like extra spicy Cheif has a "chatak style" (Trinidadian word meaning, Tangy, spicy and mouth watering -- Basically curry at its best).

As for Indian Masala, unlike Trinidad, the blend of Masala used when cooking differs for Region to Region and even household to household, but the Brands sold in the stores can be very different from that of Traditional Style .

My Mom Tried and Indian Curry Blend, Made in Indian, its was a Madras style curry but it really wasn't that good but I am sure there are other brands that might be great but havne't had the experience.

The Process of Cooking anything curry is very specific is that you must first saute the Curry with oil, garlic, Onions and some water, this add a darker color to the Dish as well as intensify the spice flavors.

A link to chief
https://www.chief-brand.com/

Turban Brand
https://www.turbanbrand.com/index.html

My Favorite Curries
Curry Crab
Curry Duck
Curry Goat
Curry Conch
Curry Jack Fruit

lip smacking good...

Here is a site which has composed a lot of different reciepe form Trinidad and the Carribbean, but I say if you want good Trini Curry, you need to eat at a Trini's house, its the only way...

https://www.rotishops.com/

Reconcile Edited: Trini808 on 30th Oct, 2006 - 10:31pm

+  1 2 
> TOPIC: Who Makes The Best Curry? Curry Powder

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,