Monster Pig' Not A Wild Hog, But Was Their Pet Pig

Monster Pig' Wild Hog Pet Pig - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 13th Jun, 2007 - 7:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
3rd Jun, 2007 - 1:04am / Post ID: #

I am sure you heard about the 11 years old boy who killed (what everybody thought) was a HUGE wild hog. The animal weighed 1,051 lbs! Many people even said the pics were fake, etc until someone confirmed today that the animal was not a wild hog but their pet named Fred!

FRUITHURST, Ala. -  The Mystery of the Monster pig appears to have been solved.

The 1,051-pound hog, shot and killed by 11-year-old Jamison Stone and the subject of a world-wide Web firestorm over the photo's authenticity, really is...

Fred.

That's "Fred" the pig, and according to Rhonda and Phil Blissitt their humongous hog escaped on April 29, four days before it was killed, according to the Star newspaper.

Late Thursday evening, their claims were confirmed by Andy Howell, Game Warden for the Alabama Department of Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries.

"I didn't want to stir up anything," Rhonda Blissitt said. "I just wanted the truth to be told. That wasn't a wild pig."

Her husband agreed.

"If it went down in the record book, it would be deceiving, and we'd know that for the rest of our lives."

The monster hog gained worldwide acclaim after he was bagged by 11-year-old Jamison Stone, a Pickensville native, with a .50-caliber pistol on May 3 at the Lost Creek Plantation, LLC, a hunting preserve in Delta. The big boar was hunted inside a large, low-fence enclosure and fired upon 16 times by Stone, who struck the animal nearly a half-dozen times during the three-hour hunt...

Sponsored Links:
13th Jun, 2007 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

Pig Pet Was Hog Wild Not Pig Monster

That hog looks like a buffalo as far as I can tell from the picture. I wonder if they will eat it?

13th Jun, 2007 - 1:08am / Post ID: #

Monster Pig' Not A Wild Hog, But Was Their Pet Pig UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

It is much bigger than a buffalo and yes, they started making sausages out of it already.

13th Jun, 2007 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

Hog sausage, I wonder what that must taste like considering the hog being the close relative of the common pig? Could hog meat taste be as goat is to beef?

13th Jun, 2007 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

Man o man that is one big piggy! I have seen some big pigs 400 or 500 lbs but what is with this freak of nature?

Just to give an idea a good beef cow would not be much bigger than that 1200 lbs say.

I am unsure on the term Hog I do not think it is a breed so much as an American word for pig or boar. I would appreciate confirmation on this though.

The wild boar is the origins of our pig family then we bred them to obtain bigger animals. The beast is a feral pig average weight 100 to 150 lbs known to go 600 this one is just extra large. They are a tame breed that originated from Russia.

I would think it would be a heavy version of pork due to the size of the animal. Given that is was not raised in the wild I would not think it would have any gamy taste to it. I would question how tough the meat might be as it was 36 months old. Roast slowly and just imagine the size of the ribs on that beast!

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 13th Jun, 2007 - 6:13pm

Post Date: 13th Jun, 2007 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

According to science.enotes.com, "In the United States, the term "pig" refers to a younger domesticated swine weighing less than 120 pounds (50 kilograms), and the term "hog" refers to older swine weighing more than 120 lbs. In Great Britain all domesticated swine are referred to as pigs".

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Jun, 2007 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

Monster Pig' Not Wild Hog Was Pet Pig

Interesting separating based on weight I do not believe we do this with many animal breeds thanks.

13th Jun, 2007 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

Monster Pig' Not Wild Hog Was Pet Pig Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

QUOTE (Krakyn)
I am unsure on the term Hog I do not think it is a breed so much as an American word for pig or boar.

Yes, I made the mistake of using the word hog, but I meant boar, although the wild hog I think is different to the typical dinner table hog? Based on Factual's definition one has to wonder how the owners can even begin to use the word 'pig' for their pet.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Monster Pig' Not A Wild Hog, But Was Their Pet Pig

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,