Al Started A Joke...

Al Started Joke - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 12th Jun, 2007 - 3:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

12th Jun, 2007 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

Al Started A Joke...

I suspect that most remember when Don Imus lost his job for a extremely bad joke made on the air. That is what he got paid for, but he obviously went too far and lost his job as a result of the people saying enough. Being on the air without a script can be a dangerous place! The mouth sometimes works faster than the filter of the mind and whooops...you just said something you shouldn't have. Again, if we remember back to the Don Imus situation, there were a few outspoken people who weighed in heavily on the subject:

Al Roker

https://allday.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/0...#commentmessage

I must say, I do agree with him. It was vile and tasteless on Imus's part, but for anyone that has ever caught a Imus Show, it was really par for the course. Al Roker hit the nail on the head when he said "I, for one, am really tired of the diatribes, the "humor" at others" expense, the cruelty that passes for "funny". I definitely would hold to these standards although I fall short of them sometimes myself, so it is all the more interesting when we see this from Al:

https://www.nypost.com/seven/06092007/tv/jo...chael_starr.htm

There is a pretty interesting quote on what Al thinks about how people with epilepsy spend their days..."Well, we asked you to weigh in on our Web site in an informal poll; those of you who could get up off the floor after shaking around were able to actually log in . . . ". Now just as Imus did, Al then denied he was making fun of epileptics, but apoligized any way. Ummm, I am sorry, but how is this not making fun of epileptics or epilepsy? I know, he was making fun of the logo and just spouted off about epileptics being on the floor convulsing without much of a thought. As a childhood epileptic myself and cousin of a lifelong epileptic, I can assure you that the thought of going through a seizure is not the least bit funny and actually quite horrifying to those that experience it. Al needs to admit that he is a bit closer to the fellow man he condemmed than his pius words made him out to be.

It is awfully easy to stick your foot in your mouth!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Sponsored Links:
12th Jun, 2007 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

Joke Started Al

Off the air he should be along with a few other shock jocks I can think of. When a broadcast is public and any one can listen I think it would be appropriate if it was rated family period.

The only person worse than Don Impud and his manager are the people that sit and listen to him, thus justifying what he does, with a huge pay check for the station and the broadcast team. Wake up people would you want your 5 year old spewing this stuff to you mother and father?

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 12th Jun, 2007 - 3:26pm

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

> TOPIC: Al Started A Joke...

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,