American Buys Slices Of South America

American Buys Slices South America - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 13th Jun, 2007 - 12:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 11th Jun, 2007 - 1:24pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

American Buys Slices Of South America

American buys slices of South America

LOS ESTEROS DEL IBERA, Argentina - The American multimillionaire who founded the North Face and Esprit clothing lines says he is trying to save the planet by buying bits of it. First Douglas Tompkins purchased a huge swath of southern Chile, and now he's hoping to save the northeast wetlands of neighboring Argentina.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070609/ap_on_...uying_argentina

Sponsored Links:
13th Jun, 2007 - 12:45pm / Post ID: #

America South Slices Buys American

I have mixed feelings about this. I know Tompkins have been doing this since the 90's but I am not so sure about his intentions. He is buying massive state lands with great water resources that he promises would turn to the State in the future as natural resource places. Sounds a bit fishy.

The province where he holds most of his land is going to put in place a law that stops foreigners from buying certain pieces of land and Tompkins says that move would be unconstitutional and will grant legal intervention (obviously he is planning to expand and purchase more land but will be stopped). Argentina is very rich in flaura and fauna and seeing how the state of the world and its natural resources are right now, I am not surprised of all these purchases. I just do not buy it the fact he is doing it for environment purposes only.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

> TOPIC: American Buys Slices Of South America

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,